Author Topic: Motorola SB4200  (Read 11312 times)

raweclaz

Motorola SB4200
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »
hi.  its a long story how i dot here and most things i dont understand them, but i need to open or add (im not sure what it is exactly) ports so my friend can log in my tibia server.  in the guide i was using for it, i was told to use the simple port forwarding program to.  but in the list my modem didnt appeard. i used the router screen capture but it seems it didnt work and what do you mean by " All you need to do is view every page in your router. Including clicking the add buttons (if any) on the port forwarding and port triggering pages.".  what are the add buttons on the port forwarding and the port triggering pages??? and please add my modem to the list.  thx

PcWinTech.com Forums

Motorola SB4200
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Motorola SB4200
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »
The Motorola Surfboard 4200 is a modem only, it is not a router, so there is no port forwarding pages. Check what your local IP is, is it a local address? or is it the address that shows up on the port tester page? http://www.pcwintech.com/port_test.php

If you have a local address (like 192.168.1. something) then you are behind a router, but the surfboard isnt it. If you dont have a local IP and your IP is the same as what shows up on the port tester page then you are not behind any router, so if you are having trouble connecting you need to check any firewall you might have installed.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
Since the Motorola Surfboard 4200 is a modem only do you know if you have a router in your set up?  If you have a router in your network then we need to know what router you have to help you more.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Evan
About Evan:Site Admin, Tester, Editor

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »