Author Topic: can't find right port fowarding  (Read 11326 times)

gen55

can't find right port fowarding
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
Last weekend my Vista laptop crashed. I took it to doctor fixed just like new, but all files, torrents, utorrent, music and pictures gone. I had the perfect portforwarding numbers and speed was great. Now its about 10. I have wireless DSL with a Motorola SBG900 Wireless Surfboard Gateway router. Everything worked great before the crash so I can't believe its the router. I don't know what to do and I don't know how to work with the firewall when I download a torrent the firewall asks me if I want it blocked and I say no. So what else am I suppose to do. PLEZZZZZZ help me.

PcWinTech.com Forums

can't find right port fowarding
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: can't find right port fowarding
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
First thing I have people do is to give this a read

http://www.pcwintech.com/common-problems-fixes-port-forwarding

Any time I help someone with a problem I will put the fix on there, so far it has helped a lot of people :-)

Having said that some other things to check is to make sure (if your using the simple port forwarding program) that it has the right IP address of your laptop. Since it sounds like you had a reinstall of vista its a safe bet your local IP has changed.

Also the program can detect the new setting for utorrent, so if it is already in the list to be added just remove it and have the program add it again, it should get both your new IP and the new ports utorrent is using.

Let me know how it goes :-)

Im on vacation right now with my wife and kids so when I get back tonight I will check the forums and see if you have posted an update.

Talk to you soon!

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: can't find right port fowarding
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »