Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: CS Fire Monitor & Windows 7  (Read 18999 times)

madboyv1

CS Fire Monitor & Windows 7
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
So I loaded CS Fire Monitor 3.0.1 onto an RC1 copy of Windows 7. It loads but is a little funky, though operable. The first thing I noticed was that the mini monitors report my CPU at 100%, and when opening the program and when I go to the CPU monitor, it reports the current CPU usage as "-01%".

Interestingly enough, IObits Smart Defrag also shows a CPU usage of -1% so it may either be an issue with the API call, or its my computer being stupid.

Secondly, After selecting my ethernet and wireless adapters to be shown in the bandwidth monitor, It shows my wireless adapter as an unknown type, (but shows my ethernet correctly).

Finally, the mini monitors seem to blink every half second or so (when they update), which I assume is an issue with the overlay on the desktop. Usually just one of the mini monitors will blink at a time, for instance right now just the sent speed half of the bandwidth mini-mon is blinking, while earlier the P.F. Usage mini-mon was blinking. It seems to happen more with the Windows classic theme rather than an Aero Theme, which is strange.

Just giving a heads up of what I'm seeing, but considering the program seems to be working more or less fine is pretty good considering how old the program is. =)

PcWinTech.com Forums

CS Fire Monitor & Windows 7
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Im starting to work with vb
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
Im starting to work with vb .net instead of vb6, and so far I am loving it. I wonder (once the site gets caught up) if I should make a new system monitor in .net

This would help over come alot of the api calls and make things a lot easier. I already made a monitor that watches the hard drive speed as it is being used, so you can see the current read and write speeds of your drive.

hhmm looks like I may have a new project ahead of me!

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

madboyv1

Ha ha I know the feeling. I
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »
Ha ha I know the feeling. I used to program in VB 5.5 and VB 6 as a hobby, but gave up after lack of motivation. A few months ago I picked up Visual Studio.NET 2008 and it was an amazing experience to say the least. (lol)

PcWinTech.com Forums

Ha ha I know the feeling. I
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »