Author Topic: Port Forwarding Minecraft Server  (Read 1055 times)

Offline WMThunder36

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Port Forwarding Minecraft Server
« on: December 21, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »
Hi, I have an AT&T Modem. I have port forwarded on it many times and know how to do it. I have multiple ports open for console games like call of duty that work just fine, but whenever i open port 25565 for my Minecraft server, it stays closed no matter what. My friends cannot connect to the server, and when i go to online port checkers it says the port is closed. Why is this happening? I have mcafee antivirus plus, but turned off the firewall on it and the port was still closed, so i dont think it is my antivirus. Help would be greatly appreciated!!

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding Minecraft Server
« on: December 21, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »

Offline WMThunder36

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Re: Port Forwarding Minecraft Server
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
Update. When i turn off mcafee firewall my friends can join, but port still says closed on online port checker. What settings do i need to change within my mcafee firewall to allow friends to join server without totally turning off my firewall?

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 06:18:10 AM »
#1 I used Google (or another online search engine) to lookup mcafee firewall add exception

#2 Also do what I did (it does not have to be Google if that is desired) and you will see the answer that comes back.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 06:18:10 AM »

email