Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Suggestions for a new CLEANMEM version  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
Suggestions for a new CLEANMEM version
« on: March 17, 2018, 12:47:03 AM »
- Have some suggestions to improve CLEANMEM (besides the better behaviour on high DPI systems)

#1: Move the content of the blue box slightly lower (see inside the blue rectangle in the picture). There's still room to move that lower in the GUI. That would enable the suggestion #2

#2: Increase the font size of the text "Show Monitor". (See inside the red rectangle in the picture)
#3: Underline the words "Show Monitor" and/or let it show up in a different color (e.g. red) to make it stand out more.
#4: Extend the trial period for the CLEANMEM PRO features to say 60 days. It will enable people to get more accustomed to the Advanced Monitor and hopefully then they will buy a licence key for $5.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:29:53 PM by Willy2 »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Suggestions for a new CLEANMEM version
« on: March 17, 2018, 12:47:03 AM »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: Suggestions for a new CLEANMEM version
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »
#5: Add a new 5th tab to the GUI. Because I think CLEANMEM can "clean" more parts of the computer memory. Currently CLEAMMEM only reduces the amount of "In Use" memory and collapses the filecache.

The socalled "Standby" memory is divided into 7 parts, each with a different "priority". Priority 1 is the lowest and 7 is the highest priority. There''s a program that can pull up those 7 parts of the Standby memory and the size of each of those 7 parts. That program is Sysinternals' RAMMAP.
- Run the program and open the "Priority summary" tab. The program now shows the size for each of those 7 parts and how much has been "repurposed". I.e. how much memory has been taken away from that part of the memory.

- There's a program that can collapse each of those 7 parts of the "Standby" memory:

https://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

Apart from that it also can collapse the "Modified" and the "In Use" part of the memory. But CLEANMEM already reduces the size of the "In Use" memory.

- This 5th tab in CLEANMEM could feature 8 checkboxes and an option which determines the interval with which CLEANMEM cleans those parts of the memory (e.g. every say 10, 20, 30 minutes or any other user defined interval). 7 of those checkboxes then control the collapsing of each 7 parts of the "Standby" memory and the 8th checkbox is then meant to collapse the "Modified" part of the memory.

- This is the proposal for the version with the most options. Perhaps the author of the program can decide to implement only options for the parts of the memory with the lowest say 2, 3 or 4 priorities of the "Standby" memory.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:08:37 PM by Willy2 »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
- The CLEANMEM Mini Monitor starts when Windows boots. But then - from time to time - the Mini Monitor uses A LOT OF CPU. I then have to kill the process with Task Manager and restart the process. I have fixed this by adding a 2 minute delay to the Task Scheduler job of Mini Monitor. I think this 2 minute delay upon start up should be incorporated in the program, become the standard for the Mini Monitor.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »