Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Cannot figure out error message  (Read 81 times)

Offline mikewooz

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Cannot figure out error message
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
I installed the port forwarding tool and cannot get past an error message.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a port that will not open on my router.

If this helps, the 'View Page' browser window cannot find (redirect to 404-page not found) I guess the Linksys setup.  Not sure what's going on there as I can access my router directly.
I have attached a screenshot of that as well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:59:54 AM by mikewooz »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Cannot figure out error message
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Cannot figure out error message
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
#1 While the brand of this NAT router is Linksys, what is the model of it?

#2 By I can access my router directly, you mean that you can type in the URL/IP Address of the NAT router into your normal & preferred web client (note more commonly called a web browser) and it works without errors?
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline mikewooz

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »
Trpted, the router is an EA4500 and yes I am able to login into the interface with absolutely zero problems. 

I also (after posting this message) contacted my Internet Service Provider to make sure ports were not being blocked.  The tech spent a good part of about an hour trying to help me figure out what might be causing this problem, with no luck I might add.

This has completely caught me off guard because it is generally an easy process to port forward.  I previously port-forwarded before with zero problems and cannot fathom what might be causing this issue now.  I'm assuming the router is fine as I'm able to surf both hard wire and wirelessly. 

Any ideas?

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »