Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Cable signal dropping off frequently  (Read 11471 times)

Offline jfriedlund

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Cable signal dropping off frequently
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »
I recently signed with Comcast cable. I purchased a Linksys Advanced DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem for Comcast Connector, F-type female 75 ohm Cable (DPC3008) because I was told it was designed to work on Comcast.

It does work, but several times during the day it will randomly go offline. The "online" light is off and I lose my internet connection (my VOIP telephone is dropped, too). Rebooting the modem does nothing, but if I do nothing, it will come back online in about 5 minutes. My Comcast TV service is not interrupted during these times. This will happen about 4 times a day (that I know of)

I've called Comcast and of course they can't find any problem. After an hour of "let me check, I'll be right back" they tell me if the light is on then the modem is getting the signal.

I don't know how to correct this. Any suggestions?

PcWinTech.com Forums

Cable signal dropping off frequently
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Cable signal dropping off frequently
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
It would be better to post on a website with message boards, that includes cable providers AND OR better yet includes your ISP.

For example DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> US ISPs cable -> Comcast XFINITY
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Cable signal dropping off frequently
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »

email