Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port forwarding for 2 Wi Fi Ip cameras  (Read 20940 times)

Offline Retired747

• PcWinTech Member
Port forwarding for 2 Wi Fi Ip cameras
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »
I have a TP-Link C5 wi-fi router that is fed by  XPLORNET ISP satellite (Internet) modem. I have set the 'port forwarding' in the C5 and set the ports and IP for both cameras. I can access the cameras with my pc or phone if I am connected with my Wi- Fi, but when I try to access remotely I cannot see the cameras. I have also tried using my cellphone network and that did not work either. TP-LINK tech support say that my ISP provider (Satellite) modem is not allowing port forwarding to my C5.
Anyone out there have the same issues and managed to get it all working? :confused:

Thanks

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port forwarding for 2 Wi Fi Ip cameras
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Port forwarding for 2 Wi Fi Ip cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:01:50 AM »
#1 Go to http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/

#2 In your NAT router you should see the same IPv4 Address.

#3 If you do not see the same IPv4 Address anywhere in the your router it's screens, it first matters what the WAN IPv4 Address in the router is:

a) From 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, then CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present.

--

If you want more details about CGNAT/NAT444/LSN, you can look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

c) The possible fixes to fix your issue if CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present.

#1 Have them in their NAT router forward the ports to the IP of your router..

#2 Upgrading the type of plan that you are on with your ISP so that you get a non bogan IP Address.

For example if you are a Residential Service Plan, consider going to a Business Service Plan.

#3 Consider switching to another ISP that can give you you a non bogan IP Address.

#4 For the long term future, get IPv6 working.

--

b) From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, from 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 OR from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 - based upon your NAT router,  = RJ-45 WAN port router :

Step 1: Physically find your TP-Link C5

Step 2: Find the WAN port of it.

Info: WAN port could be called Internet or To Modem or To ONT port.

Step 3: Report back what the brand and model of the device that is connected at the other end of the wire that is connected to the WAN port of the TP-Link C5

--

#4 If you see the same IPv4 Address that is at http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/ please post and then we will go from there.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Retired747

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
Got on to  http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/ .. it shows my IPv4 address.. However when I logged into the C5 there is no IPv4 but did find IPv6 on the WAN and IPv6 agrees with the online IPv4 address !!
The modem that 'feeds' via RJ45 into the C5 is a HUGHES HT1100 satellite modem; we live remotely so satellite is the only link available.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »
However when I logged into the C5 there is no IPv4 but did find IPv6 on the WAN and IPv6 agrees with the online IPv4 address !!

Huh.

In the router go to Basic -> Internet

OR you can go to Advanced -> Status

Then either take, save, upload and screen shot OR copy the text and paste it here.

However, there is certain info that should not be shown. Here is a list of everything safe or not safe to post.

#1 Host name: Able to change it on your computer/NAT router. Not needed expect for LAN/NAT/Bogan/Internal for computers behind NAT router and usually not need for NAT router.

If the ISP requires a certain Host name to get online, not a good idea to post it/them.

#2 Primary DNS Suffix, node type, ip routing enabled or not, WINS proxy enabled or not, DNS Suffix Search Order, Connection DNS Suffix Search List - safe to post.

#3 Description = Name of NIC - safe to post.

#4 MAC/Physical/Host/Hardware Address:

a) The first part ID's what the brand is and the second part acts a serial number.

b) Seen on same network regardless of the type encryption used. Where encryption = SSL, most VPNs, and Wirelesss encryption like WEP/WPA/WPA2.

c) Possible to spoof/clone. As an example go look at http://ui.linksys.com/WRT54G/v8/8.00.0/WanMAC.htm

d) If the ISP requires a certain MAC/Physical/Host/Hardware Address to get online, not a good idea to post it/them.

e) Even modems use MAC/Physical/Host Address(es).

f) For the LAN/NAT/Bogan/Internal one, not typically able to spoof/clone - so not a good idea to post it/them.

#5 DHCP Enabled or not = safe to post.

#6 Autoconfig enabled or not, safe to post. All this means if the DHCP Server was disabled and your computer is not setup to use a static IP - your computer(s) will have a random IPv4 Address that starts with 169.254.x.x

#7 Non bogan/Public/Route-able/external/true WAN IPv4:

a) normally that is how users from the net connect to you.

b) If not then when they lookup that domain they will find out what the IPv4 Address is. For example using http://network-tools.com/

#7 LAN/NAT/Bogan/Internal IPv4 Address safe to post too. As the only way anyone could connect you using that is with-in the same LAN or perhaps if you are using VPN.

#8 IPv6:

a) Public - again the same comments regarding the Non bogan/Public/Route-able/external/true WAN IPv4 Address.

b) Not public route-able I do not fully understand what is safe and not, so don't - unless you are sure.

#9 Subnet Mask - blah. On your computer needs to be same as the NAT routers' LAN/NAT/Bogan/Internal one. No comment at this time about the Non bogan/Public/Route-able/external one - Other than to access your modem while the modem is in bridge mode, for example...

a) LAN Settings of the modem =

IPv4 Address: 192.168.100.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

b) LAN Settings of your NAT router (not the modem) =

IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1

c) WAN Settings of your NAT router (not the modem) =

IPv4 Address: 192.168.100.5
Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1
DNS Server: 192.168.100.1

#10 Moving along....

DNS Server(s): At least one required, but typically there is two. Other users on the same ISP most likely use the one(s) provided by the ISP. - safe to post

#11 WINS Server(s): Normally not used anymore, as DNS replaces it.

#12 Lease obtained and lease expire, safe to post

#13 DUID & DHCPv6: related to IPv6 - covered already.

#14 NetBIOS over TCPIP enabled or not, safe to post.

#15 SSID (name of network). Up to you. Note: Anyone in range could see this even if you try to hide your SSID. This is not talking about hiding it in a screen shot, instead what I mean I point to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28653/debunking-myths-is-hiding-your-wireless-ssid-really-more-secure/

#!6 WEP key, points to http://setuprouter.com/wep-vs-wpa/

#!7 WPA/WPA2 key, not a good idea to show it. Can still be hacked like WEP, but harder provided that you use a strong password.

#18 Serial number if that applies (as most NAT routers will not show you this), not a good idea to show that.

#19 WPS so badly broken. Points to http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=wps+flaw&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1

In summary about WPS how it is broken, as far as I understand it anyways. There is always a pin even if you do not decide to use it. That pin is eight digits long which may seem secure, however WPS made a mistake that the attackers can guess the first four digits. And once they get the first digits then they can onto guessing the last four. Opps :roll:

#20 Any kind of Certificate (for example SSL) / Authorized Keys (for example for SSH), not safe to post.

#21 Any kind of connection that requires you to log-in info (think PPPoE, PPPoA, PPTP, L2TP, and Big Pond) - Not safe to show/post.

#22 Driver, Speed, NIC name, how much data was transfered, MTU, nd stats - like what is shown in the screen shot at DSLR (.dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Broadband and Networking -> Networking -> Anything to add to posting what is safe or not (networking info) net?

#23 Firmware Version & Hardware Version, System Up Time - safe to post.

#24 -> If I missed something and you want to know if it safe or not to post, please post.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Retired747

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »
Holy smokes.... there are many parameter lines in your reply!!

Which are the ones that you need to see to establish if the C5 is correctly configured and that are safe to publish here... as there are only 5 lines in the 'basic' and MANY more in the 'Advanced/Status'

Thanks

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
Between the two:

a) From Basic everything safe to post

b) From Advanced, covered what is or not safe to post. What is needed is the IPv6 (public) address, everything do not care for - unless you want to show.

Offline Retired747

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 11:56:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Here is a screen dump for the basic and the IPv6

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »
Ok,

#1 As suspected your ISP has deployed CGNAT/NAT444/LSN.

#2 While I listed the fixes, let me clarify the IPv6 fix. It has to be Non bogan/Public/Route-able/external/true WAN IPv6 and not Link-Local.

Offline Retired747

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
So...would I be in a position to alter some settings to get the system to allow remote camera viewing?
And what would be the changes I need to make to the C5 settings?

Thanks

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »
I missed one other fix.

#5 A VPN that allows you to forward ports.

One example of such and how to do it with them is at

https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/219460187-How-do-I-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-VPN-

-

Not including a VPN that allows for forwarding, well that depends.

If you were to forward now and if your ISP is not forwarding to you, the only users who could view your server are other users who use the same ISP and are NATTED behind the same central NAT router that you are behind.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »

email