Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Script needs update. Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M5  (Read 90 times)

Online MerolaC

• PcWinTech Member
Script needs update. Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M5
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
Hello Shane!
I'ts me again, back after 2 years.
Finally bought the PRO version! I kept my word. :D

Well, to the issue.

I never told you this because I didn't knew at the time.
When adding ports to this routers when running in PPoE mode, the "Interface" needs to be set to PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) otherwise, the ports won't get open.

You can connect like you did the other time to me via TeamViewer. I just want YOUR confirmation so I can email you the USER ID and Password.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:44:51 PM by MerolaC »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Script needs update. Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M5
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Script needs update. Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M5
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
#1 I point to and quote part of DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Software and Operating Systems -. All Things Unix -> Windows 10: Another reason to use Linux!

As I stated in that thread I fail to see the point in using this program.

Why? Most routers today have a pretty simple GUI based interface to setup forwarding of ports for programs. And thus this program has NO USE.

IF you KNOW the ports.... Now there is the rub..... but here is also the part where users can learn something(s). Yeah I can rattle off ports/programs for the popular stuff, one cause I use it, and two stupid A+/Network+ ask you to fill out such stuff on their tests.

I would suggest creating a thread in the networking or software forum(S) and posting WHAT SOFTWARE this is, and most can probably tell you which port(S) to open in your router. Most routers have the basics for ftp etc. covered.. For some program I am sure it is just a google search away mostly to find the port(s) needed, or even using uPNP (although that would NOT be my choice, security risk) again simple GUI on/off in most consumer/low end SOHO routers.

Most will probably be glad to tell you the port(S) and post some screen snaps if needed to set this up.

Again I just don't see the purpose or need for this program?!?!?

#2 If you disagree with what they are saying about this program that log-ins to the NAT router and forwards the ports, please post explaining why.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Online MerolaC

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
#1 I point to and quote part of DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Software and Operating Systems -. All Things Unix -> Windows 10: Another reason to use Linux!

As I stated in that thread I fail to see the point in using this program.

Why? Most routers today have a pretty simple GUI based interface to setup forwarding of ports for programs. And thus this program has NO USE.

IF you KNOW the ports.... Now there is the rub..... but here is also the part where users can learn something(s). Yeah I can rattle off ports/programs for the popular stuff, one cause I use it, and two stupid A+/Network+ ask you to fill out such stuff on their tests.

I would suggest creating a thread in the networking or software forum(S) and posting WHAT SOFTWARE this is, and most can probably tell you which port(S) to open in your router. Most routers have the basics for ftp etc. covered.. For some program I am sure it is just a google search away mostly to find the port(s) needed, or even using uPNP (although that would NOT be my choice, security risk) again simple GUI on/off in most consumer/low end SOHO routers.

Most will probably be glad to tell you the port(S) and post some screen snaps if needed to set this up.

Again I just don't see the purpose or need for this program?!?!?

#2 If you disagree with what they are saying about this program that log-ins to the NAT router and forwards the ports, please post explaining why.

I don't understand the point of your post.
But, I can tell you that this program is nice to me because I'm lazy. Simple as that.
Also, bought it to support the guys at PCWintech.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 10:43:32 AM »
#1 If you want to be lazy, here is what you could do.

a) In the router find the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) setting.

b) Enable it and save/apply.

#2 If you find a server that you want to forward for is not UPnP aware, then I point you to

http://www.howtogeek.com/122227/how-to-quickly-forward-ports-on-your-router-from-a-desktop-application/

With info about: UPnP Port Mapper.

#3 However if you followed my advise, while I fixed your issue so that you do not need to forward ports in the NAT router anymore I just created another problem/issue.

a) If UPnP is enabled in the router

b) If an user has UPnP turned on, on their computer (Windows) / system (Xbox)

c) If an user has UPnP allowed by their software firewall on their computer.

d) and if an user has an UPnP aware app (for example uTorrent) on their computer.

Then the user could open port(s) in the router without knowing the router's control log-in!

#4 You might ask why someone would want to use UPnP with their NAT router, even with the flaw of how it works.

The answer is below this dotted line. ----

#1 Goal(s)

a) As noted at http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/ and http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

For Play Station it would be NAT Type 2.

b) As noted at http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm for the Xbox 360 it would be Xbox LIVE results should be "Connected."

c) As noted at http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/ for the Xbox One it would be NAT Type Open.

#2 I have read/heard that if someone only has one Non Bogan IP Address the only way to get more than game console having NAT Type 2 / Xbox LIVE results Connected / Open is to use Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

#3 I have no idea if what I read/heard is true or not about game consoles, getting NAT Type 2 / Xbox LIVE results Connected / Open, and with only one non bogan IP Address using UPnP.

#4 If someone does not want to use UPnP and they wanted more than one game console having NAT Type 2 / Xbox LIVE results Connected / Open then an answer is to get more than one non bogan / Public IP Address.

^^
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Online MerolaC

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »
Thanks for the effort.
But, I'm waiting for Shane.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »