Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Arris 3270 (779A) Router  (Read 15911 times)

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
Arris 3270 (779A) Router
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
Wanting to know if you received my screen captures for this modem/router combo, Don't know if you received my screen captures or not. Thanks TC

PcWinTech.com Forums

Arris 3270 (779A) Router
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
Re: Arris 3270 (779A) Router
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:15:55 PM »
Does any one from PcWinTech even monitor these forum anymore, I sent 3 screen capture for a request to have a router added and 3 or messages to support and have gotten no answer. Can some one please tell me how to contact admin? Thanks TC

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »
#1 Do you have a separate OR a spare RJ-45 WAN port router?

#2 If so, what is the brand and model of your separate or spare RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example:

a) The Motorola SB6141 is my cable modem (Non modem combo).

b) Note where modem combo = modem and router all-in-one.

c) My separate router is my Linksys E4200 hardware version one and it is behind my modem.

d) I also have a spare Linksys WRT54G hardware version 2, not in use.

#3 If not to question 1, do you have a spare computer that is not in use that works that either has:

a) Two NICs

b) OR you can add a second NIC into the computer?

For example by a second NIC into the computer I mean a PCI NIC like the TRENDnet - Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model: TE100-PCIWN).

Note: at least one of those two NICs, must be a wired NIC.

#4 Why are you running a program that takes screen shots and gets all of the HTML code (Which is the code  that makes the web page in the router look the way that it does)?

a) To add it to the list of routers guides ?

for example http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-ambit-u10c019-ambit-firmware

b) To add it to the list of sample router screen shots.

for example at http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-arris-wtm552-arris-firmware

c) To add it to the list of routers in simple port forwarding so that you can forward ports ?

d) To add it to the list of routers in simple port forwarding so that other users who do not know how to forward can forward ports ?

e) A combo of the above?

#5 Do you know how to forward manually ?
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »

#2 If so, what is the brand and model of your separate or spare RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example:

c) My separate router is my Linksys E4200 hardware version one and it is behind my modem.

#3 If not to question 1, do you have a spare computer that is not in use that works that either has:

a) Two NICs

For example by a second NIC into the computer I mean a PCI NIC like the TRENDnet - Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model: TE100-PCIWN).

#4 Why are you running a program that takes screen shots and gets all of the HTML code (Which is the code  that makes the web page in the router look the way that it does)?

for example http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-ambit-u10c019-ambit-firmware

c) To add it to the list of routers in simple port forwarding so that you can forward ports ?

d) To add it to the list of routers in simple port forwarding so that other users who do not know how to forward can forward ports ?

e) A combo of the above?

I only have one box, and two computer connected to it, I have a router/modem combo meaning both the router and modem are the same item. The screen shot I sent were what the router screen capture program required as per the instructions for having a router that's not listed added to the list of router. If I did it wrong then please let me know the correct way and please change the router screen capture instructions. Thanks TC

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 05:55:08 PM »
Thank you for your answers so far.

However, it would help that answer all of the other questions too.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »

For example:

a) Two NICs

e) A combo of the above?

1.  no
2. n/a
3. no
4. e
5. no, but can learn

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
#1 Manually take any screen shot you want from the NAT router (More than likely it will be the forwarding screen).

#2 When you take the screen shot, be sure to leave the main menus intact.

For examples, as noted at http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-linksys-wrt54g-linksys-firmware the main menus are: Setup, Wireless, Security, Access Restrictions, Application & Gaming, Administration, and Status.

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
#1 Manually take any screen shot you want from the NAT router (More than likely it will be the forwarding screen).

#2 When you take the screen shot, be sure to leave the main menus intact.

For examples, as noted at http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-linksys-wrt54g-linksys-firmware the main menus are: Setup, Wireless, Security, Access Restrictions, Application & Gaming, Administration, and Status.
Done that twice and sent the zip file. TC

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
#1 My paying jobs are as follows:

a) Deli worker (mostly: slicing meat & cheese, serving salad, preparing & cooking fried & whole chicken)

b) Utility worker (mostly: washing dishes, putting stuff away, sweeping and mopping)

c) Land Lord. If I used the wrong term, what I mean is: Other people are paying me rent for two different houses that I own but I do not live in.

#2 I do not have access to the screen shots that are sent using any program that captures the UI of the NAT router.  :(

-> That is until/unless, Shane sends them to me. I I believe last year at the latest was the last time. :(

Offline too-cool

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
#1 My paying jobs are as follows:

a) Deli worker (mostly: slicing meat & cheese, serving salad, preparing & cooking fried & whole chicken)

b) Utility worker (mostly: washing dishes, putting stuff away, sweeping and mopping)

c) Land Lord. If I used the wrong term, what I mean is: Other people are paying me rent for two different houses that I own but I do not live in.

#2 I do not have access to the screen shots that are sent using any program that captures the UI of the NAT router.  :(

-> That is until/unless, Shane sends them to me. I I believe last year at the latest was the last time. :(
Does Shane even update or add to the list of routers anymore? If he no longer add routers to the list of router then please say so, that way we don't waste each others time. If I can't get my router put into the router data base then I don't see were I really have use for this program which is the only reason I'm a paid subscriber.
 Thanks TC

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »
Good question.

Current answer: Unknown at this time by me.

I will ask by e-mail and see what is said.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »

email