Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Can't Port forward, every time i try it always fails  (Read 35404 times)

Offline Entonez

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Can't Port forward, every time i try it always fails
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »
So i've tried to port forward garry's mod, However nothing i try works. Obviously server side is 27015 tcp/udp, but i did 27005-27015 tcp/udp due to the range it needs. Other than that, anything else i've tried such as apache also did not work. I have reset the router to factory settings twice and it still won't work. Hopefully you can help me out somehow.  :cry:

PcWinTech.com Forums

Can't Port forward, every time i try it always fails
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Can't Port forward, every time i try it always fails
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
#1 Info part one

a) Go to http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/

b) On that web page is the non bogan/Public/route-able IP Address that users from Internet use to connect to you.

c) Some where in your router, you must have the same non bogan IP Address.

Example non bogan IP Address is 999.888.777.666, but in the router the WAN IP is 10.0.0.100 - this is not ok.

d) Important note: This is not to say that the non bogan IP Address has to be Static.

Example yesterday's IP Address was 999.888.777.666 and today's IP Address is 999.888.777.555 - this is ok.

#2 If you do not see the non bogan IP Address anywhere in the your router it's screens, it first matters what the WAN IP Address in the router is:

a) From 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, then CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present

--

If you want more details about CGNAT/NAT444/LSN, you can look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

c) The possible fixes to fix your issue if CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present.

#1 Have them in their NAT router forward the ports to the IP of your router..

#2 Upgrading the type of plan that you are on with your ISP so that you get a non bogan IP Address.

For example if you are a Residential Service Plan, consider going to a Business Service Plan.

#3 Consider switching to another ISP that can give you you a non bogan IP Address.

#4 For the long term future, get IPv6 working.

--

b) From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, from 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 OR from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 - based upon your NAT router, then it matters how it is setup to access the net. Which I will get to shortly.

--

c) If the WAN IP is not the same and is not any of these/those IP Address(es), it would be a good idea to check to see how the non bogan IP Address is not the same (and not NAT). If you need help finding why that is, you are to asking for help doing so.

#3 I move along after this step if the non bogan/Public/route-able IP Address is the same (even if it is not static / "always the same") in the NAT router.

^^^

Type of NAT router = hardware based, DSL modem combo gateway. That info came from http://setuprouter.com/router/netgear/dgnd3700v2/manuals.htm

By how it is setup to access the net: In the manual after downloading it and viewing the part showing the back of the unit, it talks about both a ADSL Line port and a Gigabit port for connecting to external cable/fiber modem.

If your connection to net is the ADSL Line port, then CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present (see fix above if case).

If your connection to net is the Gigabit port for connecting to external cable/fiber modem, the you need to check what is at the other end of that cable that is connected to that port and report back what the brand and model of the device is.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:46:04 PM by trpted »
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Entonez

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:58:29 AM »
I did not understand half of that  :thinking:

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
Ok.

Take it one step at a time.

Like starting with the WAN IP in your NAT router should be equal/the same (even if it not always the same IP Address every single day).

Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »

email