Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Ports for Minecraft won't open.  (Read 47646 times)

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Ports for Minecraft won't open.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
Ok, now I know what is going on.

Reverse NAT / Loopback issue.

#1 Let me give to you an example what happens with my router running tomato firmware.

With loop back in my router set to Off, if I am behind my router and if I enter in my public IP: I can't connect to anything. :(

With loop back in my router set to All, if I am behind my router and if I enter in my public IP I can connect to the router's UI as if remote control of the router is turned on.

With loop back in my router set to Forward Only, if I am behind my router, if I enter in my public IP and I have a web server running on TCP port 80: I am able to connect to my web server on port 80.

With loop back in my router set to Forward Only, if I am behind my router, if I enter in my public IP and I do not have a web server running on TCP port 80: I can't connect to anything.

--

#2 Based upon the above info, in your router has loopback support it is set to Off.

#3 I also have to say that:

a) Not all routers will allow users to adjust the loop back feature.

b) OR if they let the user adjust the loop back feature, they can only turn it off and on.

At http://www.pcwintech.com/test-for-reverse-nat it has direction if you want to test for that.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

Offline Kemeky

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »
Ok, now I know what is going on.

Reverse NAT / Loopback issue.

#1 Let me give to you an example what happens with my router running tomato firmware.

With loop back in my router set to Off, if I am behind my router and if I enter in my public IP: I can't connect to anything. :(

With loop back in my router set to All, if I am behind my router and if I enter in my public IP I can connect to the router's UI as if remote control of the router is turned on.

With loop back in my router set to Forward Only, if I am behind my router, if I enter in my public IP and I have a web server running on TCP port 80: I am able to connect to my web server on port 80.

With loop back in my router set to Forward Only, if I am behind my router, if I enter in my public IP and I do not have a web server running on TCP port 80: I can't connect to anything.

--

#2 Based upon the above info, in your router has loopback support it is set to Off.

#3 I also have to say that:

a) Not all routers will allow users to adjust the loop back feature.

b) OR if they let the user adjust the loop back feature, they can only turn it off and on.

At http://www.pcwintech.com/test-for-reverse-nat it has direction if you want to test for that.
Doing the testing for reverse NAT, the part where I check my ports while the other program listens, the port tester online that it tells me to use comes back negative, but a response shows in the box on the right.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »
Please consider showing (AND or pasting the output) from the Simple Internet Tools - Port Listener from the right side.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Kemeky

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
Please consider showing (AND or pasting the output) from the Simple Internet Tools - Port Listener from the right side.
https://gyazo.com/3cc5b65221b74e16cddca82c470dbe1d

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
While I do not understand how that showed up as negative, confirmed traffic is reaching your computer behind the NAT router from the net.

Offline Kemeky

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
While I do not understand how that showed up as negative, confirmed traffic is reaching your computer behind the NAT router from the net.

Damn, My ports still wont work, I can join my server with my local IP but not using my WAN IP still...

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »