Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: need help asap please  (Read 46451 times)

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
need help asap please
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »
i do the test and some of the ports will say failed or failed in use

PcWinTech.com Forums

need help asap please
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: need help asap please
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »
#1 You are making me/us helpers shoot into the dark!

#2 It would help to know at least:

a) What is the brand and model of your broadband modem?

b) If you have a separate router: What is the model of your RJ-45 WAN port router?

c) What software firewall is on your computer?

d) What is your ISP?

e) What is the name of the app/program (OR brand and model of the stand alone device) that you are trying to forward to?

#3 While I am waiting your answers, here are the answers to my own questions (based upon for the equipment that I have).

a) Motorola SB6141

b) Linksys E4200 (hardware) ver 1.

c) The built one into Windows 7

d) PTD(PenTeleData)/ Service Electric

e) In my case, N/A. I have forwarded for BZFlag in the past and I have a stand alone print sever (Canon MF4700 Series) that I could forward to.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 01:50:43 PM »
actiontec gt7234wg mts norton antivirus xboxone battleborn rocket league rainbow six siege

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:44:42 AM »
so anything and i tried using currports to close ports but it says cant close port or ports must log in as admin

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:30:16 PM »
it would be great if i get help port 500 says its in use and 4500 showed as failed

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
Please take, save and upload a screen shot from the NAT router showing the port forwarding page but also when you do so please leave the menus intact.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
i put it in in attatchment dont know how to put screen shot in text box
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:59:01 PM by k5martdom »

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
so any information

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I have a life off line too.

#1 Here are some notes about listening (quoting my self) :

a) If you are on Windows I point you to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28609/how-can-i-tell-what-is-listening-on-a-tcpip-port-in-windows/

b) If you are not on Windows (Mac, Unix/Linux), go look lookup listen on port and then your OS name using Google (or your other favorite search engine).

c) If nothing is listening any TCP ports that you check with a web based port checker, then TCP ports does not show up as open.

d) Be advised that you can not have two servers listening on the same the port on the same computer. So for example before you use an inbond-client side port checker you must make sure that uTorrent is not running - which explains on http://portforward.com/softwareguides/utorrent/utorrent.htm that they say

If uTorrent is currently open, you will need to completely close it at this time. Make sure that the green uTorrent icon is not still hiding in your notification area (next to your clock). If it is, right click on it and choose "Exit". Before moving forward to things like selecting torrents, seeders, and leachers, we need to verify that your port is open. We recommend downloading our free Open Port Check Tool to test if incoming connections are being allowed through your router on your uTorrent Listening Port

e) And generally if the program/app is running that you are trying to forward for, then the server is listening.

#2 The reason that the port is in use is because of note d.

#3 If you are sure that the program/app is running but it is not listening on the port(s), it would help to know the name of the program/app that you are trying to forward for.

#4 What is in the firewall setting in your NAT router set to?

#5 Based upon the other screen shots at http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Actiontec/GT724WG/default.htm, I can and will ask more questions & give more directions. Like these, below

#6 At Advanced Settings -> UPnP what is/are the current setting(s)?

#7 At Internet Access Control -> Services Blocking what is/are the current setting(s)?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:22:21 PM by trpted »

Offline k5martdom

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 05:53:29 AM »
im using norton 360premier i made a rule in it the ports are udps not tcps trying to forward the port to my xboxone upnp is enabled there are no services being blocked

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 05:53:29 AM »

email