Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: New router Linksys AC2600 need to setup with Digimerge  (Read 38889 times)

Offline laserman51

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
New router Linksys AC2600 need to setup with Digimerge
« on: August 11, 2016, 07:42:40 AM »
Just purchased new router Linksys AC2600. Not showing in setup with Digimerge (choosing Router).Anyone can help?

PcWinTech.com Forums

New router Linksys AC2600 need to setup with Digimerge
« on: August 11, 2016, 07:42:40 AM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: New router Linksys AC2600 need to setup with Digimerge
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »
I point and quote from PcWinTech.com Forums -> Lorex -> Lorex Auto Port Forwarding -> Auto Port Fowarding tool for windows No WRT1900AC router selectiong

If the new router is using cisco horrible java only interface it wont allow my program to connect to it and will complain that you need to update the browser (When you actually dont)

Instead of using normal html pages like every other router they redid all their pages to be pure java script, and it makes it impossible to work with the pages since there is no html for the buttons or textboxes to work with since they are all javascript.

I tried adding support for their new firmware but when I did I found that IE couldnt find any names for any of the controls at all. So i couldn't make a script. I have a tp-link and so havent got my hands on a newer linksys so I could look into it more and see if I can find away around their block. Java script is heavy on cpu and memory, I have no clue why they would make their entire interface out of it lol

Perhaps you can roll back the router's firmware back from the Cisco Cloud based firmware to the classic firmware for the your router?

Please consider going back to classic Firmware. For example see, http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/GetArticle.aspx?docid=227c9e6286124532ac52a643ca4122a5_Rolling_back_the_Cisco_Connect_Cloud_firmware_of_Linksys_Sma.xml&pid=80&converted=0

---

#1 I point to and quote part of DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Software and Operating Systems -. All Things Unix -> Windows 10: Another reason to use Linux!

As I stated in that thread I fail to see the point in using this program.

Why? Most routers today have a pretty simple GUI based interface to setup forwarding of ports for programs. And thus this program has NO USE.

IF you KNOW the ports.... Now there is the rub..... but here is also the part where users can learn something(s). Yeah I can rattle off ports/programs for the popular stuff, one cause I use it, and two stupid A+/Network+ ask you to fill out such stuff on their tests.

I would suggest creating a thread in the networking or software forum(S) and posting WHAT SOFTWARE this is, and most can probably tell you which port(S) to open in your router. Most routers have the basics for ftp etc. covered.. For some program I am sure it is just a google search away mostly to find the port(s) needed, or even using uPNP (although that would NOT be my choice, security risk) again simple GUI on/off in most consumer/low end SOHO routers.

Most will probably be glad to tell you the port(S) and post some screen snaps if needed to set this up.

Again I just don't see the purpose or need for this program?!?!?

#2 Thinking about what I was told, that is not just for that PF program but also for this PF program. :(

#4 As how to forward manually, it goes like this...
---

#1 Info part one

a) Go to portforward.com -> Guides -> Whats My IP

b) On that web page is the non bogan IP (Public) Address that users from Internet use to connect to you.

c) In your router, somewhere in there you must have the same non bogan IP Address.

Example non bogan IP Address is 999.888.777.666, but in the router the WAN IP is 10.0.0.100 - this is not ok.

d) Important note: This is not to say that the non bogan IP Address has to be Static.

Example yesterday's IP Address was 999.888.777.666 and today's IP Address is 999.888.777.555 - this is ok.

#2 Info part two

As how to check what the IP Address is/are, Subnet Mask is/are, Default Gateway is, MAC Address(es) is/are, DNS Server(s) are of your computer, it depends on the OS and Version.

Note: This example assumes that you are on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.

a) Press the Windows Start key to open the Start screen.

b) Type cmd and press Enter to launch the command prompt.

Note: You do not need to click on anything on the Start screen—typing will automatically initiate a program search.

c) Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check the network card settings.

d) If not on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 and you do not know how to check that network info - then post what is your OS and Version is.

e) You need to make sure that the Default Gateway on your computer is the same LAN IP as your modem combo.

#3 Info part three:

If the non bogan IP Address is not the same IP Address (keep in mind it does not have the Static), one of the reasons why that could happen is CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present.

If you want more details about CGNAT/NAT444/LSN, you can look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

c) The possible fixes to fix your issue if CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present.

#1 Have them in their NAT router forward the ports to the IP of your router..

#2 Upgrading the type of plan that you are on with your ISP so that you get a non bogan IP Address.

For example if you are a Residential Service Plan, consider going to a Business Service Plan.

#3 Consider switching to another ISP that can give you you a non bogan IP Address.

#4 For the long term future, get IPv6 working.
----

#4 Info part four, if manually forwarding (or wish to adjust the settings) and if asked for a remote/source IP Address it goes like this.

a) Let us say that the fictional IP Address of 999.888.777.666 existed ( I can assure it does not as IPv4 is only 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 and IPv6 is all hex with colons between ), it was mine, I did not share my connection with others (parents/son/daughter), and you wanted to only allow me to connect through your router to your computer - then it case you would type in 999.888.777.666

b) If you do not want to only allow only a certain IP Address (OR IP Address Range) to connect to you, it has to be either blank (not filled in) OR if you can not leave it blank then it has to be 0.0.0.0.

#5 Info part five:

When forwarding manually remember to forward to your local IP Address, that is unless you are trying to forward some other computer (example to Xbox)

So if you get output...

IP Address 192.168.1.6
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
At least one DNS 192.168.1.1

-> you would forward to 192.168.1.6

#6 Info part six:

a) From DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Broadband and Networking -> Networking -> How to know if ports are reaching my computer from outside the post by DSLR user mackey (user # 1479488) on 2015-Sep-24 at 8:05 pm - if you wanted to test port 5154, besides using an inbound client side port checker:

Run tcpdump (`tcpdump -p -n -i <interface> port 5154` would be a good command to start with). If you see incoming TCP SYN packets (not SYN/ACK), or incoming UDP packets from an IP which did not have an outgoing packet first, then the port is open.

b) For tcpdump on Windows I found this info https://uwnthesis.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/windump-how-to-use-windump-tcpdump-on-windows-7-the-visual-guide/

#7 Info part 7, after you get the ports the ports forwarded in the router regardless of how you did ( manually or using a PF program like PFConfig ) that:

Info - Part a)

Here are some notes about listening:

a) If you are on Windows I point you to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28609/how-can-i-tell-what-is-listening-on-a-tcpip-port-in-windows/

b) If you are not on Windows (Mac, Unix/Linux), go look lookup listen on port and then your OS name using Google (or your other favorite search engine).

c) If nothing is listening any TCP ports that you check with a web based port checker, then TCP ports does not show up as open.

d) Be advised that you can not have two servers listening on the same the port on the same computer. So for example before you use an inbond-client side port checker you must make sure that uTorrent is not running - which explains on http://portforward.com/softwareguides/utorrent/utorrent.htm that they say

If uTorrent is currently open, you will need to completely close it at this time. Make sure that the green uTorrent icon is not still hiding in your notification area (next to your clock). If it is, right click on it and choose "Exit". Before moving forward to things like selecting torrents, seeders, and leachers, we need to verify that your port is open. We recommend downloading our free Open Port Check Tool to test if incoming connections are being allowed through your router on your uTorrent Listening Port

e) And generally if the program/app is running that you are trying to forward for, then the server is listening.

Info - 7 Part b)

Here are some catches about ping:

a) If the server that you forwarded requires that you reply to ping, well then you must enable responding to ping in the router.

b) If the server that you forwarded does not require that you reply to ping, well that depends on another factor..

As to what that other factor is, I point to and quote the post by nwrickert (DSLR user #1070900) in DSLR (dslreports.com) Forums >Broadband Tech > Security > Security > DMZ and portforwarding are equally dangerous? on 2010-08-21 at 13:53:23.

While he tells people that responding to ping is dangerous, he replys to ping.

That's a pretty minor point. The reason some people prefer to not respond to ping, is to avoid demonstrating their presence on the net. Gibson has a public site whose presence on the net is well known, so that reason for not responding to ping simply does not apply.

While Steve Gibson does sometimes say some useful things, he mostly seems to be making mountains out of molehills

Note: Sorry for my misspelling, I meant replies.

c) There are certain troubleshooting tools that require that you reply to ping.

For example if you wanted to use the followings tool(s) at DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Tools: Smokeping, Line quality - Ping Test, and for 24x7 Line Monitoring...

#4 If the ports are open (this means not just in the router) but the program/app does not work: I have an odd feeling that with this server, you must reply to ping.

Info - 7 Part c:

You must provide to users from the outside either your non bogan IP Address or DDNS.

What DNS is, here is the simple as possible version as how it works.

I know of a given domain name. What is their IP Address for that domain?

The first D in DDNS means/allows you to have a domain name the follows your non static non bogan IP Address. Which is a lot easier to provide and normally most people use DNS over the IP Address for the content servers that they want to connect to.. ;)

Info - 7 part d:

If you do not see the non bogan IP Address anywhere in the your router it's screens, it first matters what the WAN IP Address in the router is:

a) From 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, then CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present (See fix above if the case).

b) From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, from 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 OR from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 and if your NAT router is a RJ-45 WAN port router:

Step 1: Physically find your NAT Router

Step 2: Find the WAN port of it.

Info: WAN port could be called Internet or To Modem or To ONT port.

Step 3: Report back what the brand and model of the device that is connected at the other end of the wire that is connected to the WAN port of the NAT router.

c) From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, from 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 OR from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 and if your NAT router is NOT a RJ-45 WAN port router, then CGNAT/NAT444/LSN is present (See fix above if the case).

d) If from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, from 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255 OR from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 and you do not know the type of NAT router yours is, it would help to know the brand and model it is.

e) If the WAN IP was not any of those, it would be a good idea to check to see how the non bogan IP Address is not the same (and not NAT). If you need help finding why that is, you are to asking for help doing so.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: New router Linksys AC2600 need to setup with Digimerge
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »