Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: how do i tell how much ram i can upgrade to?  (Read 45896 times)

Offline SteveP

• PcWinTech Full Member
  • I deal in 60s and 70s model GM muscle car parts
    • Phillips Muscle Car Parts Inventory
how do i tell how much ram i can upgrade to?
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:29:57 PM »
i have a dell inspiron 570, with an amd athlon II x2 245 processor 2.9 ghz that currently has 4gig of ram seems to me it is opening certain programs slowly such as libre office... sometimes libre office will get stuck on the title and never open and i cannot open it without restarting the comp.... will getting more ram fix the problem or is the problem libre maybe? if more ram will fix the issue how much ram can i upgrade to and where do you find this information out? as always thanks for any assistance you can render.

PcWinTech.com Forums

how do i tell how much ram i can upgrade to?
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: how do i tell how much ram i can upgrade to?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:06:54 AM »
Two part question.

#1 How much RAM is in the system specs of the computer.

a) Used Google to lookup dell inspiron 570 specs OR dell inspiron 570 Specifications.

b) Results: Max RAM = 8 gigs

#2 Can it be something more than how much RAM is in the computer?

Yes, and could be:

a) The number of other programs running OR other files open.

b) Malware.

-> If want to check for malware, suggesting getting help from another web site with message board that deals with malware.

For example of one of these, I point to DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Software and Operating Systems -> Security Cleanup
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline SteveP

• PcWinTech Full Member
  • I deal in 60s and 70s model GM muscle car parts
    • Phillips Muscle Car Parts Inventory
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »
thank you for your answer, found it is 8ghz max...
as far as what is running usually i only have a page or two open on the internet
i run avg free for my anti virus and i was running malwarebytes till the free trial ended
if you have any suggestions for better protection im all ears but as far as i can tell i dont have any viruses or malware
it seems to only be an issue with libre office... since its freeware i guess ill just have to live with it and hope they come out with a fix in the next patch
i like the program a lot but it is annoying that lately i have to restart my comp to get it to unfreeze and get the logo from being frozen on my desktop
again ty for your help

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »