Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port Forwarding  (Read 44568 times)

Offline Frodo

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Port Forwarding
« on: July 28, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »
Hey I have a problem with my port forwarding, so I have a problem with my game TheCrew sometimes keeps loading forever, so I search on internet and people said that might be some doors that are closed, so I tryed to open and then used other program that is not yours (but tryed with your program too) and still saying they are closed. Please help me :sad:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:38:57 AM by Frodo »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding
« on: July 28, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »

Offline Frodo

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Re: Port Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »
Ok update, I was putting the wrong ip, but your program say they are open but in other program says they are closed..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:49:50 AM by Frodo »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
What other program/app?

If you meant the program/app that you are trying to forward for then here are some notes about listening:

a) If you are on Windows I point you to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28609/how-can-i-tell-what-is-listening-on-a-tcpip-port-in-windows/

b) If you are not on Windows (Mac, Unix/Linux), go look lookup listen on port and then your OS name using Google (or your other favorite search engine).

c) If nothing is listening any TCP ports that you check with a web based port checker, then TCP ports does not show up as open.

d) Be advised that you can not have two servers listening on the same the port on the same computer. So for example before you use an inbond-client side port checker you must make sure that uTorrent is not running - which explains on http://portforward.com/softwareguides/utorrent/utorrent.htm that they say

If uTorrent is currently open, you will need to completely close it at this time. Make sure that the green uTorrent icon is not still hiding in your notification area (next to your clock). If it is, right click on it and choose "Exit". Before moving forward to things like selecting torrents, seeders, and leachers, we need to verify that your port is open. We recommend downloading our free Open Port Check Tool to test if incoming connections are being allowed through your router on your uTorrent Listening Port

e) And generally if the program/app is running that you are trying to forward for, then the server is listening.

If the program/app that you are trying to forward for is running but is not listening, it would help to know the name of the program/app that you are trying to forward for.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Frodo

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »
N I used a program to see if they were open, the port forwarding network utilities, there says they are closed , on your program says they are on

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
Why would you want to use two client side port checkers

http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm + http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

???

As soon as one says open the port is not blocked by anything (ISP, NAT Router, Software Firewall). Stop the client side port checker that is listening on the port(s) that you are trying to use, get the server in the listening state and profit.. :)
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Frodo

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 04:01:21 AM »
Like before  I found this forum I found the port fowarding, and I used theyr program to test the ports but the program said they were close, so I search a bit more and I found this, aand  I tried your program and worked that's why I was asking why  on say they are open and the other say they are off but thx anyways I still have the problem with the game, trying to contact game support
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:22:56 AM by Frodo »

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 04:01:21 AM »