Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: May/Can I remove my account/footprint from this website?  (Read 45047 times)

Offline arunesh90

• PcWinTech Full Member
May/Can I remove my account/footprint from this website?
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
Just like the title says, I'd like to have my footprint from this website removed.
Not that I hate this website or so, I'm very grateful for how you guys helped me in the past with my problems.
It's just that I don't want my posts on this website to be found whenever someones googles me.
It would be great if it's possible.

Thanks in advance,
Arunesh

PcWinTech.com Forums

May/Can I remove my account/footprint from this website?
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: May/Can I remove my account/footprint from this website?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
#1 You have been here since 2013, have all of your post until now since then and now you decide to remove your account/post in 2106.

I would have ask you...

a) Why now and much earlier?

b) And as well as why/what you are trying to hide?

For example your non bogan IP Address that you showed in one or more screen shots.

Your profile including all of your post http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=171964

#2 Honestly as as far as I know, you can not.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline arunesh90

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
1) Because I've recently searched myself online and found my posts on this website to be one of the first results.
2) I've got nothing to hide. I want my account to be deleted because of my poor grammar and knowledge (I was pretty young when I posted here for my issue) are showing in my posts, I basically want that if anyone googles my main username, they won't think anything bad about me.

And because all my threads are locked/archived, I'm not able to modify/delete them.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
1) Because I've recently searched myself online and found my posts on this website to be one of the first results.

Depending on the search engine, they maintain a cache. So if were it was possible, the other users who search your user name could see the cache.

I give to you one single example, because I feel like it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tZ26-uFt8F4J:http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php?topic%3D4469.0%2Barunesh90&hl=en&gbv=1&ct=clnk

2) I've got nothing to hide.

Ok, good to read/hear. :)

2) I want my account to be deleted because of my poor grammar and knowledge (I was pretty young when I posted here for my issue) are showing in my posts, I basically want that if anyone googles my main username, they won't think anything bad about me.

All users, even my self, started off as a newbie.

More than likely, since they started off a newbie too they won't think anything bad about you.

If they do, you can say what I saying to you (or something like it)

All users, even my self, started off as a newbie

OR you can ignore the troll(s) if you believe that they are trolling.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »

email