Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port Forwarding Not Working  (Read 48860 times)

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
Port Forwarding Not Working
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:27:37 AM »
Hi,
I'm using a greenpacket dx-350 Wimax modem. I had used bitcomet for about a year and could forward ports without any problem but since a week ago I can't forward any ports. I forward the ports on my router but all the ports gets blocked in both utorrent and bitcomet. My windows firewall and eset smart security 9 firewall are both OFF.
PLEASE HELP ME.

and here is the bitcomet detail for that port :

and my modem WAN ip :

myip :

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:47:40 PM by alphawolf107 »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding Not Working
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:27:37 AM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Port Forwarding Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:56:16 AM »
#1 There is nothing else Networking?

For example Networking -> UPnP

#2 What is in the router at:

a) Networking -> Firewall ?

b) Management ?

#3 Do you have a spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If so, what is the brand and model of your spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example:

a) The Motorola SB6141 is my cable modem (Non modem combo).

b) Note where modem combo = modem and router all-in-one.

c) My Separate router is my Linksys E4200 hardware version one and it is behind my modem.

d) I also have a spare Linksys WRT54G hardware version 2, not in use.

#5 If not to question 3, do you have a spare computer that is not in use that works that either has:

a) Two NICs

b) OR you can add a second NIC into the computer?

For example by a second NIC into the computer I mean a PCI NIC like the TRENDnet - Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model: TE100-PCIWN).
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:26:24 AM »
Sorry my english is not good. Just tell me exactly which section I should make a screenshot?

#1 There is nothing else Networking?

For example Networking -> UPnP

#2 What is in the router at:

a) Networking -> Firewall ?

b) Management ?

#3 Do you have a spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If so, what is the brand and model of your spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example:

a) The Motorola SB6141 is my cable modem (Non modem combo).

b) Note where modem combo = modem and router all-in-one.

c) My Separate router is my Linksys E4200 hardware version one and it is behind my modem.

d) I also have a spare Linksys WRT54G hardware version 2, not in use.

#5 If not to question 3, do you have a spare computer that is not in use that works that either has:

a) Two NICs

b) OR you can add a second NIC into the computer?

For example by a second NIC into the computer I mean a PCI NIC like the TRENDnet - Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model: TE100-PCIWN).

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:44 AM »

My modem/router is : greenpacket dx-350 Wimax

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 01:06:50 PM »
#1 Since I see that UPnP is enabled in the router, I just have to ask:

a) Do you have more than one game console around the house - that can access the net and require port forwarding?

Note: Even if not all of them are yours, you must say yes.

b) Are there times when there is (or there is going to be) more then one game console in your house - that can access the net and require port forwarding? For example a friend of yours brings their game console over and then when they leave they take their game console home.

#2 In the router at Networking -> Firewall, press Insert

#3 In Networking -> Firewall -> Insert, what options do you have?

Examples that come to mind: Any IP Address, certain IP Address, certain IP Address Range, TCP, UDP, IMCP.

#4 What is in the router at Management?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:55:59 AM by trpted »
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »
I don't have any device for gaming.
Please help me. It's been 3 days since I made this topic :(

#1 Since I see that UPnP is enabled in the router, I just have to ask:

a) Do you have more than one game console around the house - that can access the net and require port forwarding?

Note: Even if not all of them are yours, you must say yes.

b) Are there times when there is (or there is going to be) more then one game console in your house - that can access the net and require port forwarding? For example a friend of yours brings their game console over and then when they leave they take their game console home.

#2 In the router at Networking -> Firewall, press Insert

#3 In Networking -> Firewall -> Insert, what options do you have?

Examples that come to mind: Any IP Address, certain IP Address, certain IP Address Range, TCP, UDP, IMCP.

#4 What is in the router at Management?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:48:17 PM by alphawolf107 »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 11:06:33 AM »
#1 In the router go to Management -> Log

#2 What is in there?

#3 In the router go to Networking -> Firewall -> Insert

#4 Then try this..

a) Put a check mark next to Enable

b) SrcIP/Mask: 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255

c) ScrPort: Leave blank (not filled in)

d) DstIP/Mask: Put in the LAN IP of the computer that you want to host on and it's subnet mask. Example 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0

e) DstPort: The port that you are forwarding for. In your case, 47985

f) Protocol: If possible select Both (TCP and UDP). Otherwise, you will need two rules - one for TCP and the other for UDP

g) Press Apply

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
I can't put the data you offered in the firewall section. It says it's not valid.

It only allow input like this : 192.168.x.x/xx and it doesn't allow me to put the whole subnet mask digits.

and about DstIP/Mask : Please clarify what numbers exactly I should put in. I don't know what is LAN ip and doesn't allow me to put the whole subnet mask.

#1 In the router go to Management -> Log

#2 What is in there?

#3 In the router go to Networking -> Firewall -> Insert

#4 Then try this..

a) Put a check mark next to Enable

b) SrcIP/Mask: 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255

c) ScrPort: Leave blank (not filled in)

d) DstIP/Mask: Put in the LAN IP of the computer that you want to host on and it's subnet mask. Example 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0

e) DstPort: The port that you are forwarding for. In your case, 47985

f) Protocol: If possible select Both (TCP and UDP). Otherwise, you will need two rules - one for TCP and the other for UDP

g) Press Apply
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:49:54 PM by alphawolf107 »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »
Let us run a test.

#1 With bitcomet running:

a) Go to https://www.grc.com/port_47985.htm

b) Click on Probe this port

#2 In the router go to Management -> Log

#3 In the router's log, please tell me if see traffic from the IP Address Range of 4.79.142.192 -thru- 4.79.142.207

--

Odd, I would thought what I said you needed to do in firewall would of worked...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:40:43 PM by trpted »

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »
I'm getting confused. Would you please work out what working numbers should I put in the firewall section? when I  put those numbers you gave me it pops up  "this is not a valid CIDR address". I think you should convert those to CIDR using this method explained here : http://software77.net/cidr-101.html. Also it doesn't let me to leave the sourceport field Blank as you told me to. If you could work out what should i do in the firewall section please notify me.

Let us run a test.

#1 With bitcomet running:

a) Go to https://www.grc.com/port_47985.htm

b) Click on Probe this port

#2 In the router go to Management -> Log

#3 In the router's log, please tell me if see traffic from the IP Address Range of 4.79.142.192 -thru- 4.79.142.207

--

Odd, I would thought what I said you needed to do in firewall would of worked...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:49:15 PM by alphawolf107 »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
#1 Because the reason that the client side port checker said failed for TCP but did not say anything about something else is listening on that port and in bitcomet it shows that UDP is open (and for TCP it say it is blocked) that could mean that there is another software firewall (or something like it) on your computer.

To check for if there is more than one:

a) Go to http://www.pcwintech.com/shanes-toolbox

b) From the list, download and (install as need be) Detect Possible Firewalls.

c) Please show the output.

#2 Another possible reason is because the software firewall is not configured correctly.

#3 Besides dealing with a software firewall, something like PeerGuardian could block it too.

#4 Do you have another computer that you test with?

#5 If not:

a) Does your computer(s) have a CD/DVD burner?

b) Do you have a USB thumb/jump drive?

#6 About the firewall feature in the router, I got it backwards - sorry. -> That is how you block traffic.

As how to use it....

a) As noted you must enter in the CDIR format.

b) For the source port, well that is an issue. I guess, you would enter in the word any.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:53:39 PM by trpted »

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:53 PM »
So what should I put in the firewall section of my router to allow that specific port?

Yes I think my laptop has a dvd burner.

Yes I have a 4GB USB flash.

Here is the services I have in my windows autorun file : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08976281348879968257
You can open this file using this tool : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
Using this file if  there is any program that could block my ports please notify me.

And here is a list of my installed programs : https://www.solidfiles.com/v/Dkwx6grdXxd3n

Also I have ESET smart security 9 and I have disabled ESET firewall.

#1 Because the reason that the client side port checker said failed for TCP but did not say anything about something else is listening on that port and in bitcomet it shows that UDP is open (and for TCP it say it is blocked) that could mean that there is another software firewall (or something like it) on your computer.

To check for if there is more than one:

a) Go to http://www.pcwintech.com/shanes-toolbox

b) From the list, download and (install as need be) Detect Possible Firewalls.

c) Please show the output.

#2 Another possible reason is because the software firewall is not configured correctly.

#3 Besides dealing with a software firewall, something like PeerGuardian could block it too.

#4 Do you have another computer that you test with?

#5 If not:

a) Does your computer(s) have a CD/DVD burner?

b) Do you have a USB thumb/jump drive?

#6 About the firewall feature in the router, I got it backwards - sorry. -> That is how you block traffic.

As how to use it....

a) As noted you must enter in the CDIR format.

b) For the source port, well that is an issue. I guess, you would enter in the word any.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:55:20 AM by alphawolf107 »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
On my Windows 7 computer, it does not that output.

Ran a Google search for epfw filter driver

I wonder even if your software firewall is disabled (and the Windows Firewall is off), it is interfering with what you are trying to do.

Anyways, if I were you this is what I would do.

#1 I would download a Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro.

Note Important part: For the distro - Either no software firewall or one where the firewall is disabled by default. For example Lubuntu

#2 If you do not know what I mean by Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro I point to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD and to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions#Live_media

#3 I would burn the contents of the Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro onto a disk.

By contents of the Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro onto a disk, it DOES NOT mean after it burned for example you will see D:\somedistroname.iso where D is the CD/DVD/USB disk drive letter.

#4 I would make sure that the BIOS is set so that my computer will check that disk before checking the hard drive.

#5 Boot from the Live distro

#6 Log-in to the distro as need be.

#7 With-in the download manager..

** Then option one **

#8 ...download and install bzflag

#9 In bzflag, I would go to:

a) Join Game

b) Start Server

#10 It does not matter what all of those options are for what I am trying to do, select Start

#11 Press Ecs once gets me back to Join Game menu. Pressing esc again, gets me back to the main menu.

#12 Now in Bzflag, I would go to Options -> Input settings

#13 Where it says Confine Mouse, I change that to No by using the left or right arrow keys on my keyboard.

#14 I would press the F1 key on the keyboard so that it is not full screen anymore.

#15 In the router (while I do not have the same router that you have), for example...

enable = checkmark, name = test3, protocol = TCP, WAN port(s) = the port that I want to test (does not have to be the same as the LAN ports), LAN port = 5145, Server IP Address = the LAN IP of the computer.

#16 Then check the port from the outside to see the WAN port is open.

#17 If the result was closed or stealth but now it is open after doing these steps, I would know that the traffic is reaching my computer. :)

*** OR then option two ******

#8 ..download and install gufw (since on my Lubuntu computer there is ufw but it does not have GUI to yet)

#9 In gufw (called Firewall Configuration on my Lubuntu computer):

Enable the firewall with the default settings. Which are: Block incoming & Allow outgoing.

#10 I would test the port using https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=5154

Note after portprobe=, the port that I want to test.

#11 Then in gufw either:

a) Disable the firewall

OR

b) change the incoming from block to allow - for testing reasons.

#12 I would check the ports from the outside again.

#13 If the port changed from stealth to closed, I would know that the traffic is reaching my computer. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:32:04 PM by trpted »

Offline alphawolf107

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »
Oh, I'm not familiar at all with these professional tasks you've mentioned so I'd better quit and forget about downloading torrent for good. :(

On my Windows 7 computer, it does not that output.

Ran a Google search for epfw filter driver

I wonder even if your software firewall is disabled (and the Windows Firewall is off), it is interfering with what you are trying to do.

Anyways, if I were you this is what I would do.

#1 I would download a Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro.

Note Important part: For the distro - Either no software firewall or one where the firewall is disabled by default. For example Lubuntu

#2 If you do not know what I mean by Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro I point to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD and to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions#Live_media

#3 I would burn the contents of the Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro onto a disk.

By contents of the Live CD/Live DVD Live USB distro onto a disk, it DOES NOT mean after it burned for example you will see D:\somedistroname.iso where D is the CD/DVD/USB disk drive letter.

#4 I would make sure that the BIOS is set so that my computer will check that disk before checking the hard drive.

#5 Boot from the Live distro

#6 Log-in to the distro as need be.

#7 With-in the download manager..

** Then option one **

#8 ...download and install bzflag

#9 In bzflag, I would go to:

a) Join Game

b) Start Server

#10 It does not matter what all of those options are for what I am trying to do, select Start

#11 Press Ecs once gets me back to Join Game menu. Pressing esc again, gets me back to the main menu.

#12 Now in Bzflag, I would go to Options -> Input settings

#13 Where it says Confine Mouse, I change that to No by using the left or right arrow keys on my keyboard.

#14 I would press the F1 key on the keyboard so that it is not full screen anymore.

#15 In the router (while I do not have the same router that you have), for example...

enable = checkmark, name = test3, protocol = TCP, WAN port(s) = the port that I want to test (does not have to be the same as the LAN ports), LAN port = 5145, Server IP Address = the LAN IP of the computer.

#16 Then check the port from the outside to see the WAN port is open.

#17 If the result was closed or stealth but now it is open after doing these steps, I would know that the traffic is reaching my computer. :)

*** OR then option two ******

#8 ..download and install gufw (since on my Lubuntu computer there is ufw but it does not have GUI to yet)

#9 In gufw (called Firewall Configuration on my Lubuntu computer):

Enable the firewall with the default settings. Which are: Block incoming & Allow outgoing.

#10 I would test the port using https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=5154

Note after portprobe=, the port that I want to test.

#11 Then in gufw either:

a) Disable the firewall

OR

b) change the incoming from block to allow - for testing reasons.

#12 I would check the ports from the outside again.

#13 If the port changed from stealth to closed, I would know that the traffic is reaching my computer. :)

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:21 PM »
Most distro of Linux come with a torrent client. If one is not included, one can download and install one..

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:21 PM »