Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Cleanmem push idle application to page file ?  (Read 39244 times)

Offline billyhalim

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Cleanmem push idle application to page file ?
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
Hello,

My PC Specification :
- Intel core i3-4030
- RAM 2 GB
- NVidia GeForce 2 GB VRAM
- Windows 8.1

I have a problem with Cleanmem installed on my Windows. Because I only have 2 GB RAM, it takes more than 80% usage when I am using a browser (less than if using Opera). Using Cleanmem now, I feel the improvement and Cleanmem clear my RAM every 10 minutes. However, when I am working on Libre Writer and my Opera is minimized for a long time, once I maximize it, it has a black screen (with top bar on top) around 10 seconds then appear fully but it still laggy and takes time again to be normal.

As I know, this condition appeared when Windows reads and retrieve data from a page file, not from RAM. Then, I don't know whether Windows itself or Cleanmem that pushed Opera to page file. So, I need clarification about this condition. Anyone ?

NB : This condition appeared when my RAM usage is 65%.

Thank you

Billy 

PcWinTech.com Forums

Cleanmem push idle application to page file ?
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: Cleanmem push idle application to page file ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »
- A memory of 2 GB is "not too much" for a Win 8 system. For a Win 8 system I would recommend - at least - 4 GB. Open resource monitor (memory tab) and see how the "Free" part of the memory behaves over time. If it remains at zero or close to zero then it could be time to increase the amount of memory.

- CLEANMEM uses a function inside/provided by Windows to push parts of "In Use" to "Modified" & "Standby". When needed Windows moves parts from "Standby" & "Modified" to the pagefile. So, it's the Windows memory management that's responsible for moving data to pagefile.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Cleanmem push idle application to page file ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »

email