Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: How to uninstall\ remove CleanMem and Mini-Monitor  (Read 38870 times)

Offline zeev32

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
How to uninstall\ remove CleanMem and Mini-Monitor
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:44:27 AM »
I would like to remove CleanMem and Mini-Monitor from my computer. To install them I simply opened the downloaded folder in [Programs files (x86)]. No "Setup.exe" file there so I remember pressing "CleanMem_Settings.exe" and "mini_monitor_set_startup.exe". I do see the Mini Monitor on my desktop.

Unfortunately I do not see any of them in Control Panel's Programs & features or in RevoUninstaller lists. I couldn't find any help regarding this issue in PCWinTech site or by googling. I thought about deleting the programs' files from [Programs files (x86)] but decided first to ask you friends for an advice. TIA,  Zeev

PcWinTech.com Forums

How to uninstall\ remove CleanMem and Mini-Monitor
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:44:27 AM »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: How to uninstall\ remove CleanMem and Mini-Monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:45:48 AM »
- There's a file called "Uninstall.bat" in the folder where Cleanmem is. Run that file with admin rights.
- If that doesn't work then close the programs (with Task Manager), remove the items from Task Scheduler (with CCleaner), and then delete all the Cleanmem related files.

Offline zeev32

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
Willi, Thank you very much for the fast and detailed response. The first option - activating uninstall.bat - didn't work for me. but I was successful with the second one!..
It is important to mention that CleanMem worked for me just fine. No troubles at all. But I run Win7 Ultimate x64 w 16 MB RAM and I found that I never use more than 7 MB of RAM, generally only 3-4 MB. Thus I really do not need a memory cleaner, isn't it. Also, I consider upgrading to Win10 and therefore I remove any non-essential third-party utility to avoid any conflict during the upgrade. Thanks again,  Zeev.

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
- It still could be helpful if you install an SSD and disable the Superfetch Service and the pagefile. Even with 16 GB Windows keeps moving data to the pagefile. Disabling the pagefile menas that all that data keeps bottling up in the main memory.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »

email