Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: (SOLVED)portwarding 80 to unused device ip, pl clarify  (Read 12323 times)

Offline jraju

• PcWinTech Full Member
(SOLVED)portwarding 80 to unused device ip, pl clarify
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:42:50 PM »
Hi, Shane, or others,
                      I tried this tool and tried to add custom port forwarding of my router on port 80 to stop a vulnerability. I named the custom and i have given an ip, which is not my ip, preferred. It has been immediately added in the window that shown as i designed.
                      But i want to know a little more about it. When i choose the port, randomly with out much technical excellence, would it forward the same to the person, who is having that ip. Will it do any damage to his system. I do not want to do that.
                     It is a random selection. Please inform me. If suppose, i have forwarded to say, some x.x.x.100 (there are 255), then would it create a vulnerability for him.
                      How to find out the ip port, that is used by my device on my computer. please

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:19:38 AM by jraju, Reason: TO JUST ADD SOLVED »

PcWinTech.com Forums

(SOLVED)portwarding 80 to unused device ip, pl clarify
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:42:50 PM »

Offline jraju

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: portwarding 80 to unused device ip, pl clarify
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:19:20 PM »
Hi,
                  I have added port 80 http and set the same port to some not used ip. I just click update button. It saved without any error.
                   Does that mean the port settings are stored in my router to forward the same. Please tell me.It is difficult to find and frame rules in my router. I used custom add in the program and added .

Offline jraju

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »
Hi, This the thing i tr
ROM-0
Severity: High

This vulnerability allows an attacker to easily gain control of the router and therefore your Internet connection. The attacker can use a specially crafted HTTP request to download all important and secret data stored in your router -- your router login/password combination, your Wi-Fi password and your configuration data.

To overcome this vulnerability, aside from applying the firmware update that addresses the issue, there is one more technique that can be used: setting up port forwarding for port 80 on the router to an unused IP address on your network. To do that, enter your router configuration page and find the "Port forwarding" section. Here, set up a rule that tells the router to send all http traffic to an unused local IP address (for example 192.168.0.255, if this address is not used by any other device on the network).

Offline jraju

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 02:18:37 AM »
Hi, Shane
 Thank you very much for this tool. It just resolved my vulnerability rom  0 vulnerability. I just selected the update router and got updated my router from your source file.
 i checked in avast and here is the green report from the avast scan.Thank you very much for this free tool. It has so much other than port forwarding.
  I would rather name this tool as SIMPLE port forward and router updater. It will benefit immensely, particularly those who has older modems, with no updates done either by ISP or the company is a vendor, but whose main supplier they do not know.
my firmware was shown as onda....by this software, whereas original vendor is teracom, who just vanished after selling this modem thro bsnl. I took the risk, knowing about your sites tools and glad that i could get out of the problem

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 02:18:37 AM »

email