Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Can't access Lorex from outside my home network  (Read 17269 times)

Offline mnhim001

• PcWinTech Member
Can't access Lorex from outside my home network
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »
Hi,

I've tried many different things and still does not work.

My Lorex has the IP 192.168.1.14 and on ports 35000, I did the port test and it failed.  I then decided to test the same port number on my laptop IP (192.168.1.10) and it passed.

My Lorex (via lan) and laptop (via wireless) are connected to a range extender (192.168.1.18).  At first I thought it was the range extender that was blocking ports, but after testing the laptop from the same range extender I was able to rule it out.  I've also added the range extender MAC address into my routers DMZ.  I have Linksys Remote Management enabled, but on port 8082.

I am not sure why else it would not work.  I've successfully port forwarding many other devices before, its just this one that just don't seem to work.  Also www.lorexddns.net does not work for me (never updates my IP address), and emailing alerts from my DVR does not work.  I've attached some images, hopefully it helps.  Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:40:00 PM by mnhim001 »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Can't access Lorex from outside my home network
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Can't access Lorex from outside my home network
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
#1 What is the current DHCP Range of your router?

#2 Does your router support Static DHCP / Reservation of an IP Address for a computer?

#3 If you do not know, it would help to know at least the brand and model of your router.

#4 Did you forward the RSTP port too?

#5 What is the current LAN IP of the NAT Router?
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline mnhim001

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:53:57 PM »
#1 What is the current DHCP Range of your router?
           IP Address Range:    192 . 168 . 1. 10 to 29

#2 Does your router support Static DHCP / Reservation of an IP Address for a computer?
          Yes, it has been reserved.  Using reserved DHCP 192.168.1.14

#3 If you do not know, it would help to know at least the brand and model of your router.
          Linksys E4200

#4 Did you forward the RSTP port too?
         No, I did not. Should I?  Even though I will not be using it?

#5 What is the current LAN IP of the NAT Router?
         When you say NAT Router, your talking about my wireless extender?  If so, then it is 192.168.1.18 (DHCP reserved, and DMZ)

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 05:27:27 AM »
When I said NAT router, I mean the Linksys E4200 - that is as long as you are not using the Linksys E4200 as your wireless extender.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline mnhim001

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 06:54:31 AM »
Sorry the IP for my router is 75.83.16.196

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
#1 The current LAN IP, not non bogan / public IP.

#2 But since you posted the non bogan / public IP, I think I now know the name of your ISP.

#3 Your ISP is Road Runner?

#4 When you tested the ports to your computer, you tested all of the ports that you are try to forward to the Lorex?

Offline mnhim001

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »
#1 The current LAN IP, not non bogan / public IP.

#2 But since you posted the non bogan / public IP, I think I now know the name of your ISP.
       Yes, I believe its Road Runner/Time Warner Cable

#3 Your ISP is Road Runner?
       Yes

#4 When you tested the ports to your computer, you tested all of the ports that you are try to forward to the Lorex?
      I just tested it again, this time with all ports pointing to my laptop and was a success.  But changing the ports back to point to Lorex IP failed.

Offline mnhim001

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 09:08:42 AM »
I got it working.  I called Time Warner, and they had to add the ports in my modem.

I asked them, if I can do this myself and they said yes but wouldn't give me instructions on how to do so.  If anyone knows how to access my cable modem and make this changes for future reference that would be helpful.

Thank you.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »
Very interesting.

What is the brand and model of your modem combo?

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »

email