Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Asus RT-AC56R  (Read 11539 times)

Offline DPMHRV

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Asus RT-AC56R
« on: October 17, 2015, 06:53:56 AM »
Please add an Asus RT-AC56R to the Lorex Auto Port Forwarding software router list. I am unable to get it working manually. Thanks!

PcWinTech.com Forums

Asus RT-AC56R
« on: October 17, 2015, 06:53:56 AM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Asus RT-AC56R
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
Here is what Shane has said to other users that do have their router in the data base.
I can get it added for ya :-)
Download my router screen capture program http://www.pcwintech.com/router-screen-capture

Use it to view every page in the router, I need them all. Then once you get those to me I can get your router added, screen shot page, and the guides written :-)
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »
#1 I point to and quote part of DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Software and Operating Systems -. All Things Unix -> Windows 10: Another reason to use Linux!

As I stated in that thread I fail to see the point in using this program.

Why? Most routers today have a pretty simple GUI based interface to setup forwarding of ports for programs. And thus this program has NO USE.

IF you KNOW the ports.... Now there is the rub..... but here is also the part where users can learn something(s). Yeah I can rattle off ports/programs for the popular stuff, one cause I use it, and two stupid A+/Network+ ask you to fill out such stuff on their tests.

I would suggest creating a thread in the networking or software forum(S) and posting WHAT SOFTWARE this is, and most can probably tell you which port(S) to open in your router. Most routers have the basics for ftp etc. covered.. For some program I am sure it is just a google search away mostly to find the port(s) needed, or even using uPNP (although that would NOT be my choice, security risk) again simple GUI on/off in most consumer/low end SOHO routers.

Most will probably be glad to tell you the port(S) and post some screen snaps if needed to set this up.

Again I just don't see the purpose or need for this program?!?!?

#2 If you have any questions as how to forward the ports, please ask.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »

email