Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: shutdown and sleep  (Read 23621 times)

Offline Diss

• PcWinTech Member
shutdown and sleep
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
Hi Shane, i would love a little prog that would correct my shut down and sleep mode properly, i seem to get it on all my pcs eventually....both of mine wont sleep properly and when i shut it down it more often than not reboots...a little checker would be so useful, i hope im not the only one in the dark on how to fix, i have tried every useless widows recommendation and tips to no avail.

PcWinTech.com Forums

shutdown and sleep
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: shutdown and sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:10 PM »
Sleep mode comes down to drivers. Windows has to be able to put drivers and hardware into standby mode and also services and programs.

Normally when there is a sleep mode problem it is a driver or service that is doing it. The amount of different things that can interfere with it are unlimited because there isnt just one thing. So there really isnt any way to make a program to know.

Normally the best thing to do is to update all the drivers you can and if that doesn't fix it then try disabling all the 3rd party programs from startup using msconfig.exe and see how it does. :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: shutdown and sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:10 PM »