Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port closed even if i port forward pls i really need help!!!  (Read 19586 times)

Offline vladone123

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Port closed even if i port forward pls i really need help!!!
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »
A while ago i tried to port forward Garena, and it didnt worked, i didnt knew that the port is still closed because i had a problem, because my father and my brother changed something at the router or something 192.168.1.1, now i was port forwarding another thing and of course it wasnt working then i was thinkig to go on a website to chek if the port is closed, so did i. The port was closed( i dont think its a system problem because i tried from another PC too and it wasnt working).Yes i port forwarded correctly. PLEASE HELP.

:cry: :cry: :angry:                                                        Sorry if bad english.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port closed even if i port forward pls i really need help!!!
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Port closed even if i port forward pls i really need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:39:53 PM »
#1 Forward the ports to your computer in the router.

#2 Post the following screen shots:

a) Showing how you forwarded your ports in the router.

b) The results of this port tester
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester (if you have any computers that run Windows)

(Or if on a Mac computer, A screen shot of the results of the simple-port-tester for mac.)

Lets go from there :-)
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline vladone123

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:57:20 PM »
Here are the print screens

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Ok.

#1 Go to http://www.pcwintech.com/myip

#2 On that web page is the non bogan IP Address that users from Internet use to connect to you.

#3 In the router go to Status -> Router

#4 In there, in the WAN/Internet (or To Modem Port) area, you should see the same non bogan IP Address.

#5 If not, what is the brand and model of the device that is connected the WAN/Internet (or To Modem Port of this router?
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline vladone123

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 01:38:00 AM »
Ok.

#1 Go to http://www.pcwintech.com/myip

#2 On that web page is the non bogan IP Address that users from Internet use to connect to you.

#3 In the router go to Status -> Router

#4 In there, in the WAN/Internet (or To Modem Port) area, you should see the same non bogan IP Address.

#5 If not, what is the brand and model of the device that is connected the WAN/Internet (or To Modem Port of this router?

Yes i can see the same ip, Here are some screens

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
Ok.

#1 In the router go to Access Restrictions

#2 Are there any?

#3 If so, what are they?

#4 Regardless if there are any:

a) Since you are on Windows I point you to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28609/how-can-i-tell-what-is-listening-on-a-tcpip-port-in-windows/

b) Re-run the port checker and following that info at that howtogeek URL be sure to check if the client port checker is listening on that UDP port.

c) Please tell me if it is not.

Offline vladone123

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »
I want to tell you that my problem its not about error port forwarding 1 program, i cant port forward anything, because it will say port closed.Here is a screenshot to my Acess restrictions page ( idk how to tell if there is one or not).And no, i cant see the port that i want to forward in the list.

I have to inform you that i will go and visit my grandparent 2 weeks.Please dont close the topic, when i will come back i will tell you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:50:46 AM by vladone123 »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
That model linksys is a pain. The reason why is if you do a port forwarding rule for only 1 port and it is on the port range forwarding page it fails. But if you put the rule on the single port forwarding page it will work.

So the easiest thing to do is go edit the port forwarding rule and change it to be 200 to 201 and make it a range and then see how it does.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »

email