Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port Forwarding Not Working.  (Read 17950 times)

Offline LeofisTaylor

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Port Forwarding Not Working.
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »
Why are none of these ports working?  The ports with the local ip ending in .3 are from a wireless connected computer that has a different ipv4 address.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding Not Working.
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »

Offline LeofisTaylor

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Re: Port Forwarding Not Working.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:23 PM »
Here is this also.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:25:47 AM »
#1 Forward the ports to your computer in the router.

#2 Post the following screen shots:

a) Showing how you forwarded your ports in the router.

b) The results of this port tester
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester (if you have any computers that run Windows)

(Or if on a Mac computer, A screen shot of the results of the simple-port-tester for mac.)

Lets go from there :-)

#3 You did steps 1 and 2a. :)
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline LeofisTaylor

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
b) The results of this port tester
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester (if you have any computers that run Windows)

Upper right.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
I am sorry, I missed that.

I believe this will help you.

Here are some notes about listening:

#1 If you are on Windows I point you to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28609/how-can-i-tell-what-is-listening-on-a-tcpip-port-in-windows/

#2 If you are not on Windows (Mac, Unix/Linux), go look lookup listen on port and then your OS name using Google (or your other favorite search engine).

#3 If nothing is listening any TCP ports that you check with a web based port checker, then TCP ports does not show up as open.

#4 Be advised that you can not have two servers listening on the same the port on the same computer. So for example before you use an inbond-client side port checker you must make sure that uTorrent is not running - which explains on http://portforward.com/softwareguides/utorrent/utorrent.htm that they say

If uTorrent is currently open, you will need to completely close it at this time. Make sure that the green uTorrent icon is not still hiding in your notification area (next to your clock). If it is, right click on it and choose "Exit". Before moving forward to things like selecting torrents, seeders, and leachers, we need to verify that your port is open. We recommend downloading our free Open Port Check Tool to test if incoming connections are being allowed through your router on your uTorrent Listening Port

#5 And generally if the program/app is running that you are trying to forward for, then the server is listening.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
As it says on my port tester program page :wink:

Most online port testers fail no matter what if nothing accepts their connection attempt. This port tester program will open the port on the system it is running on and listen for a connection from this site. So when the port tester program says the ports are open you can count that they are :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »