Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Port Forwarding for Destiny game (router TG582n Technicolor)  (Read 22561 times)

Offline Goatface

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Hi,

Ive tried the Port Forward.com site but no one is answering. Im hoping you guys might be able to help. Im getting a Strict NAT message on the XBOX One when playing Destiny.

I have logged into my router and assigned a Static IP to the XBOX by checking the option to use the same IP address.

I have then created a Game/Application rule for Destiny that details all the TCP & UDP Ports needed for Destiny. However all is good and it lets me assign this Application rule to the XBOX device but only if I dont add UDP 3074 in the list. The TCP 3074 is fine and all the other ports are too but as soon as I add this one it refuses to asign the app to device. And hence I still have strict NAT?

I'm not sure what I need to do now, I have followed all the instructions to the letter.

Kindest Regards

PcWinTech.com Forums

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Port Forwarding for Destiny game (router TG582n Technicolor)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:08:52 AM »
#1 Seriously people have a life off line!

#2 In the router go to Toolbox -> Games & Applications

#3 I am just wondering:

Is UPnP enabled?

#4 Do you have at least two game consoles that support UPnP that you either use (or what to use) at the same time ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:10:40 AM by trpted »
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Goatface

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
Yes mate, uPNP is enabled.

I do have another XBOX but its a 360 and is also mine so never going to be on simultaneously.

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
Yes mate, uPNP is enabled.

#1 I thought so.

#2 Quote from Shane in http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,5680.0.html

Remove any and all port forwarding rules from the router, make sure dmz is off, and make sure you didnt add any port filtering rules (Those block ports) then make sure UPnP is enabled and then try the game again.

UPnP is auto port forwarding and the game supports it as long as the router has the option. :wink:

#3 Saying the same thing that I said in reply to that.

I agree and disagree at the same time, with Shane.

First things first, why I disagree.

#1 I point to and quote part of http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

Sometimes when you are playing online, you might find that you are often disconnected from your online gaming sessions on the PS4 and PS3, or that your ping is too high. One way to try and solve this issue is to change your NAT type (network address translation) for the PS4 or PS3, and you should notice a significant improvement in your online gaming.

NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
    NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
    NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

#2 Be strongly advised if the router has UPnP enabled, all an user has to do to open ports is:

a) Get an UPnP aware app / system.

b) As need be, enable UPnP on their computer.

c) As need be, set the software firewall to allow UPnP.

d) As need be, set the software firewall to allow that UPnP app.

e) If they can, define the ports that they want to use (depends on the UPnP aware app / system).

f) --> Without them needing to know the current user name and password of the router!! <--

** Slightly off topic **

If a server that you want to forward for is not UPnP aware, then I point you to

http://www.howtogeek.com/122227/how-to-quickly-forward-ports-on-your-router-from-a-desktop-application/

With info about: UPnP Port Mapper.

** End SOT and now on to why I agree with Shane. **

I have read/heard that if someone only has one Non Bogan IP Address the only way to get more than game console having NAT Type 2 (or what ever it is called) is to use Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

Or different wording: To get one game console working is one thing, but if you only have one non bogan IP Address good luck on getting a second console working (at the same time) without using UPnP.

Note: I have no idea if what I read/heard is true or not.

#4 You can not forward ports manually and use UPnP at the same time (Or in other words: Your Xbox One is using UPnP to open UDP 3074 and you are trying to open UDP 3074 manually). opps.

#5 Between the two since you are not going to have two game consoles on at the same time, I am suggesting turning off UPnP and only forwarding ports manually in the router.
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Goatface

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:03:16 AM »
thanks for the replys gents. Next time I get to mess around I'll try your suggestions above. If i understood correct I first need to try to disable uPNP and then add the 3074 port into my configuration and if that fails I need to re-enable uPNP and remove the port forwarding config which Im pretty sure is where i started with this problem?

Not sure how Firewalls come into it if its directly between XBOX --WIFI---Router?

Thank you again

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »
Not sure how Firewalls come into it if its directly between XBOX --WIFI---Router?

That is for regular computer(s). Some examples: Windows, Mac, and Unix/Linux.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »

email