Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: LH118000- Only works in IE on Windows 7, nothing in WIN8 or Lorex Mobile  (Read 20078 times)

Offline Panthers65

• PcWinTech Member
Hey Guys, I've made (what I feel) is a lot of progress with the help of this form, but I think I'm finally stuck. After an hour on the phone with the Lorex CS rep, I can't proceed without some additional help.

I have a LH118000 that was used at an office park with only a connected monitor for several years. We finally want to use some of the networking a remote access functions, but I'm having some issues.

Currently:
* I can connect to the DVR on a Windows 7 Laptop only.  I have Lorex Client 10 installed on the laptop that myself or the Lorex CS rep couldn't get to connect.
*I also have an android tablet with Lorex Mobile ECO that I can not get to connect
*I also have a Windows 8 Desktop that I will pull up the Lorex WebClient page in Internet explorer, but will not display any video feeds(no log-in screen either). On the Desktop I also have Lorex Client 11 that will not connect either.Also, Google Chrome will pull up the Lorex Home Page, but displays "the server closed the connection without sending any data."

With all the other devices I get a message similar to "Network Connection Fails". For testing purposes I have reset the DVR back to as stock as I can, and use the "admin" and blank password to connect via my laptop with Windows 7.

I can get into the DVR via a connected monitor just fine. The Lorex CS rep and I tried changing some of the ports around, but to no avail. Are there any other tests I could do to try and figure this out?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:12:50 PM by Panthers65 »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
When you are trying to connect to the dvr are all the devices on the same network as the dvr or are they on a different connection, such as the phone app using the cell internet instead of the local internet.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline Panthers65

• PcWinTech Member
Yes, all the devices are on the same network. The desktop is wired to the same downstream switch as the DVR, the tablet and laptop had their data turned off and were connected via WiFi. The laptop and desktop I could both get results from through IE, but the laptop was the only device that could actually pull video. 

This is all I get with IE on my desktop:

Laptop works fine. I can't get Lorex Mobile and Lorex Client Software to work on any machine, Windows based or Android based.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
Make sure to add the page to the compatibility view in IE, normally that is the cause of the page not loading all the way :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

Offline Panthers65

• PcWinTech Member
Thanks Shane. Tried to add the page to the compatibility view and played with the different settings fr a while, couldn't make any progress.

I'm more interested in getting the lorex mobile and lorex clients working since I can install that on any of my computers.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
If you are using the software on the computers that are on the same network as the dvr then it should be working.

What happens when you try to ping the local Ip of the dvr?

I did have a customer here in town who had a dvr that had a bad network port on it and so that was his problem there. So the first thing to do is to make sure that it is working on the network properly :-)

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline Panthers65

• PcWinTech Member
the IP Address pings fine through the command prompt, and the page half way loads through IE, just never displays the video.

If I can access the cameras fine on my Windows 7 Laptop through IE, but can't access the videos on my Windows 7 Laptop through Lorex Client 10, could a network port problem still exist?

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
If you are connecting locally then the problem isnt port forwarding or anything as that is only for going over the net.

As for IE I do know their active x control has a lot of problems with IE and so that might be why it works on the windows 7 machine, I would check for a firmware update of the dvr as that is how they update the active x control.

As for the lorex app it is possible that your firewall software may simply be blocking it, since it is connecting locally it should have any trouble, unless of course it was being blocked.

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline Panthers65

• PcWinTech Member
I think you're on the right track in updating the Lorex's Firmware. I doubt my Windows 7 laptop, Windows 8 desktop, and android tablet all have the same firewall that is blocking the lorex client software. Is there a step guide on updating the DVR Firmware?

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
Normally they have the instructions on their site. Last time I did it you simply had to download the zip file of the new firmware from their site, put it on the root of a thumb drive, then plug the thumb drive into the dvr and go to firmware update and it would pull it off the thumb drive.

Shane

(About Shane)

PcWinTech.com Forums