Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: settings for cleanmem  (Read 16818 times)

Offline olderndirt

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
settings for cleanmem
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »
First let me say your "All in one" is great and I just invested my beer money in "Cleanmem pro".  Do you have a list of recommended settings for this 'cause I have one of those Flight Sim 'OOM' things that I didn't have before. 

PcWinTech.com Forums

settings for cleanmem
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: settings for cleanmem
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
- This is the first time I heard that Cleanmem (CM) is CAUSING trouble. But perhaps you changed more things recently ?
- Specify operating system, amount of memory, and size of disk space (SSD installed recently ?).
- Open Task Manager and see which processes use the most memory, add those processes to the list that will be tracked by the CM log feature. Gives you a good idea of what's growing and at what pace.
- Open Resource Monitor (memory tab) and see how the different parts of the memory behave over time.
- Did you tell Windows to have a fixed size for the pagefile ? If so, then change that to let Windows manage (the size of) the pagefile.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:21:48 AM by Willy2 »

Offline olderndirt

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
Perhaps I misunderstood something I read here.  Windows 7/8gb RAM 2 HD's Tb/500mb.  Have now got it set for auto on files and cache so we'll see how she goes.  Though I entered the serial # received where it calls for 'serial number', the menu page shows "4 days unlocked remaining".  The page file has been reset from 'custom' to 'let Windows do it'.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:19:05 AM by olderndirt »

Offline Willy2

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
- Open Cleanmem.ini. (in the same folder as Cleanmem(CM)) Does it contain that serial number/license key # you received ?
- Sometime the way permissions are set for "C:\Program Files (x86)" & subfolders prevent files to be written/changes to be made. Change some CM settings, close CM and reopen it again. Has CM gone back to the previous settings ?

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »

email