Author Topic: Help with a hotspot device  (Read 13762 times)

Offline Billy

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Help with a hotspot device
« on: April 04, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »
I currently am using an internet device called the H2OBolt. It is a hotspot ( I believe) that uses 4g. I was wondering if this program would work for port forwarding and if you would add it to the list of routers. (If it is considered a router) Also, I am trying to port forward for a game called "Risk of Rain," and if I port forwarded on my wifi device, would it allow for my friends to join my game?

PcWinTech.com Forums

Help with a hotspot device
« on: April 04, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Help with a hotspot device
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Here is what Shane has said to other users that do have their router in the data base.

I can get it added for ya :-)
    Download my router screen capture program http://www.pcwintech.com/router-screen-capture

Use it to view every page in the router, I need them all. Then once you get those to me I can get your router added, screen shot page, and the guides written :-)

^^^

Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:21:28 AM »
Keep in mind though that almost all hotspot connections are behind a virtual network on the ISP side, which means port forwarding isnt going to work.

The only way to have port forwarding work is to have a static internet IP, and that all depends on the the price from the ISP for that. :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:21:28 AM »