Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Problem with Security DVR access and question?  (Read 9670 times)

Offline misskittykat

• PcWinTech Full Member
Problem with Security DVR access and question?
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
Hey, Shane..

Been a while since I have been on but things have been working great so no need to ask questions til now! LOL Isn't that always the way. I have been running one security DVR for a couple of years and did port forwarding and been able to access over the web no problems to view cams and it's been great.

Then this Fall before vacation I decided to get a 2nd security dvr (same manufacturer, same series but is two years new so has newer firmware) to add to the system and run them both on the same router.  Thought I had everything good to go but now that I am out on the road trying to access remotely while on vacation,  I can access the DVR through my static IP, only I am getting only the NEW 2nd router and can't access my old DVR (original) and it is the one I did the original port forwarding on of the htttp and data port. 

This new system does it's own port forwarding on it's own with QR codes and stuff so you can run it on your android  or IPhone.  So, what I don't understand is why did it (2nd DVR) become the primary over the 1st and is there anyway to make the change back remotely or a way to view both remotely?  I used all three types of ways they have given me for access including my original DDNS client forwarding host and it still just shows the 2nd DVR when I want to be able to see the 1st (original one too?).

I realize now by accessing the 2nd DVR I also have it checked to use the it's IP address as a static on the DVR like the 1st one uses it's IP address to be a static and wonder can I uncheck that option on the 2nd DVR to be a dynamic and if by doing so can I get control back of the 1st DVR or do I run the risk of losing control all together?

Thanks for any help..

misskittykat

PcWinTech.com Forums

Problem with Security DVR access and question?
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Problem with Security DVR access and question?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
You can only forward a port to one device at a time
http://www.pcwintech.com/what-port-forwarding-nutshell

So that means that the 2nd dvr has to use different ports than the first one. So lets say the first dvr uses ports 80, 9000 and 1025. Then the 2nd dvr cant use those ports, so instead you have the 2nd DVR use 81, 9001 and 1026. You set that in the dvr and have the port forwarding rules point to those as well. :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline misskittykat

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
Can I do this remotely?  If I have someone else there with a laptop computer logged onto the router?

Thanks
misskittykat

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »
I dont see why you couldnt, just have the user load up teamviewer and you use it as well then you can connect to them and make the changes.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »