Author Topic: Port Forwarding Zyxel NBG-416N  (Read 11794 times)

Offline ahujet

• PcWinTech Member
Port Forwarding Zyxel NBG-416N
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:19:22 AM »
I can't seem to find a way to port forward my Zyxel NBG-416N router. Portforward program shows that it my UDP and TCP ports are open, but sites like canyouseeme.org see it as closed and other people can't seem to join my server). It's not my firewall etc (everything is disabled). Maybe this router is not able to port forward?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:37:06 AM by ahujet »

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding Zyxel NBG-416N
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:19:22 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Port Forwarding Zyxel NBG-416N
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
Use my port tester to test the ports, if it says the ports are open then you can count that they are :wink:
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

And remember
Most online port testers fail no matter what if nothing accepts their connection attempt. This port tester program will open the port on the system it is running on and listen for a connection from this site. So when the port tester program says the ports are open you can count that they are :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline ahujet

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
Use my port tester to test the ports, if it says the ports are open then you can count that they are :wink:
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

And remember
Most online port testers fail no matter what if nothing accepts their connection attempt. This port tester program will open the port on the system it is running on and listen for a connection from this site. So when the port tester program says the ports are open you can count that they are :-)

Shane

your program shows that they are closed and they are.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Post a screen shot of the results of my port t ester program for me :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

Offline ahujet

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »
Post a screen shot of the results of my port t ester program for me :wink:

Shane

Your program now shows that my port is open (same as portforwarding.com program shows or utorrent), but in reality it is not open as you can see from the site canyouseeme.org I can't seed from uTorrent or host a game server. Yes, I disabled my firewalls, antiviruses, built in router firewall and stuff. And my router NBG-416N is not listed in your program, only NBG-415N and NBG-417N. I'm suspecting that this router is not forwardable.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:53:10 AM by ahujet »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »
Dont use the online port tester, like I said in my last post, they fail most of the time anyways.

The port is open, but utorrent is still having trouble, so it isnt a port forwarding problem. Port forwarding IS working, otherwise my port tester would have never been able to et a response from my site.

Double check that utorrent is set to use the correct port and isnt set to randomize the port at all. Also turn your windows firewall back on and make sure utorrent is allowed through and there are no old firewall rules for utorrent that might be blocking it.

Since port forwarding is working, it seems more like a firewall problem, you said you disabled your firewalls (plural) do you have more than one firewall installed?

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline ahujet

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 02:56:52 AM »
Dont use the online port tester, like I said in my last post, they fail most of the time anyways.

The port is open, but utorrent is still having trouble, so it isnt a port forwarding problem. Port forwarding IS working, otherwise my port tester would have never been able to et a response from my site.

Double check that utorrent is set to use the correct port and isnt set to randomize the port at all. Also turn your windows firewall back on and make sure utorrent is allowed through and there are no old firewall rules for utorrent that might be blocking it.

Since port forwarding is working, it seems more like a firewall problem, you said you disabled your firewalls (plural) do you have more than one firewall installed?

Shane

I got ESET 7 installed, which disables windows 7 firewall and replaces it with it's own firewall. When I had my old router, eset firewall didn't let any connections go through, when I disabled the firewall for a brief moment (for the amount that I needed to have my game hosted or seed) the seeding and game hosting, etc. was working fine and now it isn't. 

EDIT: I created rules to allow programs and ports for traffic, still nothing. And disabling firewall doesn't work still. And why my router is not listed in your program?
EDIT 2: I even uninstalled ESET and disabled windows firewall, your program and utorrent shows that the port is open, but still peers can't connect to me.
EDIT 3: I managed to host a game server and it worked, but I still can't figure it out why can't peers connect to me via utorrent. Any ideas?
EDIT 4: I finally fixed it, everything is working, thanks for the ideas.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:41:19 AM by ahujet »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »
Good to hear you got it working, what was it that got it working properly for you?

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline ahujet

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »
Good to hear you got it working, what was it that got it working properly for you?

Shane

Nothing spectacular just my and my friends errors. The game that I hosted was joinable, just my friend amateur didn't know how to properly connect, so he said that it wasn't working and about utorrent thingy, I was seeding an old torrent (game pack) which had like 10 seeders and 100+ leechers, so the leecher thing wasn't actually real, it was showing people who only downloaded few games from the pack and had left the torrent open. And I saw that people tried to connect me in that torrent and got disconnected, still don't know why, so I thought it was my sided problem, it is still happening now with that torrent, but appart from that everything is fine :)

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »

email