Author Topic: Simple Port Forwarding Router User/Pass  (Read 6581 times)

Offline dsaw

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Simple Port Forwarding Router User/Pass
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »
Okay so there is a topic down lower that sort of addresses the issue that I am having however I have a little caveat to add.

I have the problem where I am connecting to a Netgear WNDR3400 v2 router.
I have properly identified everything with the router (ip address and such)

When I go to view/remove current ports I get the login request: 192.168.xx.x at Restricted and the typical admin/blank admin/password combinations don't work. So clearly someone has changed the default login for the router (best guess).

Now I can't go and reset the router without someone here at the school knowing I have reset. So I am wondering is there a simple way to use this port forwarding program without knowing the user/pass combination? I am trying to play diablo 3 on the schools network just as an fyi.

Also I don't know if this is of any help or intrigue but I can't seem to find a modem anywhere or a physical firewall of any kind. I have found all the routers and a large switch but no routers anywhere... Checked every room, basement and the likes and I am certain that none of the routers double as a model router combo. I thought this was strange.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Simple Port Forwarding Router User/Pass
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Simple Port Forwarding Router User/Pass
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »
Normally the school will have things locked down pretty good. So you are not going to be able to bypass anything. UPnP is automatic port forwarding in the router that programs that support it can use, but that is only if they have UPnP enabled and if they dont have the router behind a 2nd router such as the modem from the ISP.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Simple Port Forwarding Router User/Pass
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »