Author Topic: Problems port forwarding with a new D-Link DSL-2890AL  (Read 9440 times)

Offline acropolis

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Problems port forwarding with a new D-Link DSL-2890AL
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
 :teeth:

I all, i have a Belkin AC1750 Modem/Router, a TP-Link TD-W8980 Modem/Router, and a D-Link DSL-2890AL Modem/Router, i have been trying to get them to work with a Buffalo Tera Station TS-6VHLD04.
I have been able to use the web access feature on the TP-Link Modem/router, then took the modem and the Buffalo to a friends place and just changed the ISP details (same ISP Dodo.com.au in Australia) and i couldn't get it to use the Webaccess feature anymore. I brought it back to my place and it hasn't worked since. i reset the modem and the buffalo, no luck, i disabled the upnp on the buffalo and tried port forwarding the 9000 port that the buffalo uses and still no luck. i then tried the Belkin and the D-Link and still no luck. My friend wants me to set up the D-Link DSL-2890AL as the modem that the buffalo will be connected to. i have spend the whole weekend trying to get this to work, i disabled nat, disabled sp1, setup Virtual server, port forwarding, port triggering. i just can't get the port 9000 to open.

D-Link DSL-2890AL
IP: 192.168.2.1

Buffalo TeraStation
System Information
Name:
TS-6VHLD04
Firmware version:

IP Address1:

any suggestions????

Thanks

Bill

PcWinTech.com Forums

Problems port forwarding with a new D-Link DSL-2890AL
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Problems port forwarding with a new D-Link DSL-2890AL
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »
So you have 4 routers?

Why so many? Or are you simply trying each one to see if you can get it to work with the tera station?

If so how do you have everything hooked up, such as what cables are plugged into what ports on each one?

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline acropolis

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
Hi Shane,
I am trying them out, to see which one will work. but only 1 at a time connected. So with factory reset on the D-Link and the Buffalo, using upnp it won't work. When i put the Buffalo disabled from upnp and also the modem disabled from upnp and try port forwarding on port 9000. The port won't open. is this a problem with the D-Link ?? as on my older modem/router Belkin. it was working fine.

Also my provider (ISP) Dodo.com.au has a static ip (the ip doesn't change when i reboot the modem)

So as far as i can tell on this new D-Link DSL-2890AL, 192.168.2.1
 i disable upnp igd (in advanced-> advanced network -> upnp )
then i go to advanced -> port forwarding  and setup the ip address of the buffalo tera station 192.168.2.27  , and the port TCP to 9000
I also disabled spi in (advanced -> firewall settings) after reading one of your suggestions in the forums.

I have set on the buffalo the below settings.:-

Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP): disabled

External Port: 9000  (when upnp was enabled this port would change numbers)

NAS Internal Port: 9000

So my question is because the port 9000 in closed even though i have done the above is it the D-Link that is the cause of this as to why the port is not opening. i have also updated the firmware on the modem to the latest

Product Page : DSL-2890AL
Firmware Version : AU_1.02.06
Build Timestamp : 05282014

I notice that there is also virtual servers and port triggering on this modem, where as on my old modem it was either virtural server or port forwarding (not both) it didn't give you the option of all 3 above.

Thanks.

Bill

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
While UPnP is suppose to work with 2 routers hooked up I have found that most of the time it doesnt. So instead I always do this
http://www.pcwintech.com/how-setup-two-or-more-routers-together-port-forwarding-port-triggering

So the modem is DMZ (Open all ports) to the 2nd router. And done. The 2nd router can use UPnP or port forwarding just like normal. :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »