Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: WHAT IS THE BEST VIDEO CONVERTER, IF...  (Read 13497 times)

stevae

WHAT IS THE BEST VIDEO CONVERTER, IF...
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »
i want to convert a quicktime video into a windows media player video, for
a powerpoint presentation? thanks in advance!

PcWinTech.com Forums

WHAT IS THE BEST VIDEO CONVERTER, IF...
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Try the steps in this
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
Try the steps in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20oWaFad9_0

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

stevae

thanks, i am dl the youtube vid now.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:06:52 AM »
i will check out that video, and comment later.

i also wanted to ask you about antivirus... everything i keep reading has said that nvg is a much better program than the paid programs. and i have seen this on more than 20 different sites over the last few months, until finally i have decided to try it for myself. so i unloaded my old program, and loaded up nvg, and then updated the definitions. well, it was working perfectly until one day i woke up and it was gone! nowhere on my system, period. it just disappeared. the only other thing that seemed really odd, was all of my browsers were also screwed up. if i opened opera, i got an error mesage, and the same with google chrome. my main browser is firefox three, and it wouldn't open at all. i had to reinstall it. however, after reinstalling all three browsers, everything is running fine again. this really seemed strange and i am still at a loss for what actually happened. however, i have reloaded avg,and after a week now, it is running fine. so i am wondering if you have ever heard of this, or anything like it before.
i am also still on the fence about rather to turn off a computer, or leave it running. i am running a hp pavillion, with core II duo 2.6 cpu, 4 gig ram, vista ultimate, nvidia 8600 and blu ray dvd. besides electricity, is there any benefit to shutting down the laptop. it seems that laptops are made to run very efficiently, and leaving them on would avoid the surges of a cold start. please let me know what your opinion is.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
The only time I have heard of
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
The only time I have heard of a AV disappearing and the browser being messed up was when a new form of malware got installed and removed them all to keep the person from downloading any way to remove it. If I where you, just in case, download and run www.malwarebytes.org this is the program I use to help clean customer systems.

I am a avast antivirus fan myself, but the thing to remember is no AV is true protection. They can only protect against what they know. As soon as they protect against something new ones are made! proper habits are needed to help keep your system cleaner longer. I prefer avast because its free for home users, catches the viruses it does protect against and doesn't take any kind of hit out of my system.

On the power issue read some of the things I have written about it here
http://www.pcwintech.com/node/136

and then make your own decision on it. Even if hardware can run for long periods without needing power cycled Windows does! after a period of time every version of windows and to be honest almost every OS I have worked with needs refreshed after a while. Which means a reboot. Anyways I explain it all on the other page.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Nugmonster

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST VIDEO CONVERTER, IF...
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
I like OJOsoft total video converter. There are free versions available and full versions are available through torrents.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST VIDEO CONVERTER, IF...
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

email