Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: All my "Show... Info" menu selections are disabled  (Read 5233 times)

Offline gggirlgeek

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
All my "Show... Info" menu selections are disabled
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:56:16 AM »
Hello and thanks for CleanMem.  It's really a life saver for people who use Chrome, virtual machines, or have slow computers.  I just installed it on a friend's 10-year old computer that's too slow to run any modern browser.  Chrome (Iron) runs fast on it but can quickly bring it to it's knees without CleanMem.

CleanMem works perfectly on his computer (Win7x86) but on my Win7x64 the options to Show Memory Info, etc. are greyed out and unavailable.  As far as I can see I have used the same options.  His system has 1 HDD, but my page file is on a different HDD.  Does that make a difference?

*Note: I've only had it installed for a week on both machines, so still within the trial period.

Otherwise it's probably some disabled service???  I have both set to read from GetTickCount so it shouldn't be the performance monitor.  However, I do clean the Windows logs with Ccleaner a lot so I wonder if that could be the problem.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:35:32 AM by gggirlgeek »

PcWinTech.com Forums

All my "Show... Info" menu selections are disabled
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:56:16 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: All my "Show... Info" menu selections are disabled
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »
It is possible he had it installed on his system once before and so the trial period is over, it should say on the bottom of the mini monitor settings how many days are left or if it is past. They options are only greyed out when the trial period is over and it just stays the free version. :wink:

The pro is just extra features and options, CleanMem itself is always free and most of the options in the mini monitor are also free.

I attached a screen shot, look at the bottom left and then see what his says. :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline gggirlgeek

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »
OK.  I didn't realize the memory info options were pro only.  I will register soon though.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »

email