Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Portforwarding Download Problems  (Read 17287 times)

Offline misskittykat

• PcWinTech Full Member
Portforwarding Download Problems
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »
Hi, Shane..

Long time no talk to. Not sure if am using the correct link to ask this so forgive me if I made a mistake.  My system has been running great now for two years, no problems thanks to you and all your help.. Cudos to you!

But, I am installing new security system for my boss and I cannot download the port forwarding program from your site. Since the are not opting for a static IP at the moment.. we are going to do the port forwarding thing! 

But, I get an error message saying it has a virus and Nortons 360 deletes it before I can execute the file and get things set up.  So, I even turned off Nortons firewall and antivirus and still could not get it to go.   :confused:

So, any ideas at this point would be really helpful!  I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Computer is running Windows 7 professional. Nortons 360.  Security system is a Qsee AT5616.

Thanks!

Misskittykat

:smiley:

PcWinTech.com Forums

Portforwarding Download Problems
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Portforwarding Download Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
Per Shane's site.

(Please Note: If your anti virus says it found a virus of any kind please know this is a false alarm. You can use www.virustotal.com to also see what other antivirus software says.

There are no viruses in any of the programs on this site. If your anti virus says it has one please submit the file in question to your anti virus maker, they will then scan the file themselves, see the program or setup is clean and update there virus def's to not cause the false alarm.)
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Norton is a pain and because my setup and programs are not signed with a code signing certificate Norton simply blocks it. So all you have to do whent he Window comes up is look at it and you will see an opion to allow it and norton will let it through.

You can also disable norton and install the program as well. :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline misskittykat

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
Yeah, I tried turning off but didn't make a diff.  I am thinking now what I need to do is go into internet tools and put your site in as a trusted site.. think that should work? And then if I do a double check and turn the nortons off too boot.. maybe that will help?

Tell me other than Nortons 360 what is best and safest complete security software available? I heard something about Viper and PC Matic?  You just don't know who to use when doing online banking and stuff like that?

thanks again for your time

Misskittykat

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
There is no such thing as the best antivirus. While one might detect more things now they may not down the road. Not to mention the huge amount of false positives. Norton is one of the worst for that

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

I myself just use Microsoft security essentials. I only need and want a file antivirus only. I have no need for all the other bloat the others have that half the time ends up causing more trouble anyways.

I dont need a firewall as I am behind a router, which is a hardware based firewall.

Absolutely no antivirus is perfect. They can only protect against what they know and virus makers always test every single new virus against them. So I refuse to pay for one lol

MS security essentials is the only one that is totally free and doesnt install toolbars or do pop ups trying to get you to buy a pro version. All the other so called free antiviruses always have a string attached, they want to make their money some how :-)

Personally with norton known for slowing down machines and having one of the highest amount of false positives I say uninstall the sucker lol

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

email