I've seen a lot of forums, web pages and videos regarding Xbox NAT issues and I have one I can't make work,
I believe this is the best Forum I've seen so I want to give it a try..... all help is higlhy appreciated or any guidance since I believe I'm missing a small thing here.
My FW is a SonicWall TZ-215 and I also read that its not compatible with port forwarding and the max status I will get for my XBOX is a NAT MODERATE (which I have right now), if that is true maybe we can close this topic
.. i really wanna try to have an OPEN NAT status.
This is my scenario
1) My ISP is NOT giving me a public IP (reason of the 2 routers subject), it gives me a private IP address that I have as my WAN IP on my SonicWall router. If I connect my XBOX directly to my ISP modem with this IP, I get a OPEN NAT status.
2) I created a DMZ zone on my SonicWall to alloate the XBOX
3) Consistent NAT is enabled on the VoIP section (something I read on a different post)
4) Firewall services are enabled to allow XBOX Ports outside and inside, NAT is also configured for my XBOX IP to WAN IP
5) XBOX Ports are configured inside Service Objects and contain all the ports requiered by xbox live support team
6) configs are as follows
X1 - WAN
X5 - DMZ
ISP Private IP: 10.203.151.47 /17 ... DG: 10.203.128.1
X1 IP: 10.203.151.47
X5 IP: 172.16.200.1
XBOX ONE IP: 172.16.200.48
Firewall Rules: From DMZ to WAN --> Allow XBOX IP to ANY on XBOX PORTS
From WAN to DMZ --> Allow Any to XBOX IP on XBOX PORTS
Source: XBOX ONE IP
Translated: WAN Primary IP
Destination: WAN Primary IP
Translated: XBOX ONE IP
Service: XBOX PORTS
I believe I have tried everything but asking my ISP to give me a different private IP to NAT directly into my XBOX, I think that will work but I want to try if its possible to do it with my current configuration.
Let me know if further information is needed to get this solved (or closed)
Thanks to all