Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Anomalies On New System  (Read 3683 times)

Offline macnext1

• PcWinTech Ninja
Anomalies On New System
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
My wife's new system is Windows 7. It worked just fine while in the play room. After moving to study nothing seems to work right. I'm sure some the problems are driver related and I am pursuing those. But some of the problems are just weird. For example: 1. Her stickies have a different font from when I installed the program. 2. SIW just plain won't work, it comes up but as soon as you click on something it says "working" and never comes back. It (SIW) doesn't show up in Revouninstaller or in MicroSoft's program uninstall. 3. The little weather program she has doesn't put the radar screen on the computer screen.    4. The 'stickies' program puts an icon on the task bar instead of the system tray where it should be. 5. The 'core temp' program didn't show up in Revo but did in the MS uninstall programs.

Do you see any kind of common thread with these problems? Like I said, all these things worked just fine before the system was moved. Plus; how do I remove a program that doesn't show up anywhere in the normal places for removal?

Mac

PcWinTech.com Forums

Anomalies On New System
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Anomalies On New System
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »
But all you did was move the computer to another room?

Simply moving it wouldnt causes those kinds of problems unless she never shuts her machine down and those changes where already done but didnt take effect till windows was rebooted.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline macnext1

• PcWinTech Ninja
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »
When I had the Windows 7 system in the playroom setting it up with software for her it had a limited amount of hardware. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, USB hub, and a wireless modem. I disconnected it and moved it to the study. Removed her XP system and set the new system down in the same footprint. Hardware was all different now. Different monitor, different speakers, two USB hubs, two printers, wireless modem (same one that was being used in playroom), keyboard, mouse. Everything but the modem had been attached to the XP system and working fine. Some of these problems I expected. Printers needed drivers. Different wireless modem so it needed a driver. Different monitor and it needs drivers still. Speakers don't work yet although I installed a driver for them. Like I said I had expected some of these problems. But I didn't expect things like the font for stickies suddenly changing. Her weather program not working correctly. SIW deciding not to work anymore. Things like SIW not showing up anyplace so it can be properly uninstalled. Not sure what to do with things like that, don't understand why they just all jumped in there as soon as I turned it on.

Mac

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »