Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Can access Qsee DVR from Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer  (Read 13102 times)

Offline Oc3an11

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Can access Qsee DVR from Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »
Hi,
I can access the login screen of my DVR (Q-see QS558) from Firefox and Chrome. But can't do it from Internet Explorer, it just rejects it.
Now, the reason I need it to work from IE is that from Firefox or Chrome, I can't watch the live feed from the cameras, since it requires an IE plugin for it to work. So I must be able to make it work in IE first.

Setup:
I run 2 routers, the second router is a TRENDNET, and acting as a switch and a wireless spot. I did this by logging into it, assigning it a different Ip address (192.168.0.2) and turning DHCP off. The first router is a D-link, with DHCP on. Both connected through LAN ports to each other.

The DVR is connected to a LAN port in the 2nd router. And it has a fixed IP address. (192.168.0.107) and ports are 85 and 9000. Ran "Can you see me.org" on both and no issues there.

Now, when entering the address 192.168.0.107:85 from Chrome or Firefox, I can login to the DVR but can not see the cameras feed. When entering the same address in IE, it won't open the page. I tried adding the IP 192.168.0.107 to the Trusted Sites in the options but no success...

Any ideas?
Thanks

PcWinTech.com Forums

Can access Qsee DVR from Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Can access Qsee DVR from Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
You may have your IE security set to auto reject any unsigned active x controls. So it isnt asking you to install it.

On a side note, lorex has been putting out a lot of firmware updates to replace the control and have it work properly in other browsers. Have you checked for a firmware update?

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Can access Qsee DVR from Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »