Author Topic: Updating Router, receiving error messages  (Read 17933 times)

atuttle

Updating Router, receiving error messages
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
Hi,

I'm using a Belkin FSD7230-4 router and a Westell F90-610015-06 modem, and I'm not able to open a port using the Simple Port Forwarding program.  When I do "update router", I get this stream of error messages:

Running Script From Database For Selected Router
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 01. nav_first_only("")
(Successful)
Step 02. nav_first_only("nat_v.stm")
(Successful)
Step 03. check_if_name_exists("")
Step 04. set_name_array("0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19")
(Successful)
Step 05. set_name_to_check("lan_ip,0")
(Successful)
Step 06. set_ip4("lan_ip,0")
(Failed - Object Not Found)
Step 07. set_type_choices("TCP|UDP|TCP&UDP")
(Successful)
Step 08. set_combobox("protocol,0")
Step 09. set_start_port("lan_port,0")
Step 10. set_start_port("wan_port,0")
Step 11. set_checkbox("enable,0")
Step 12. click_button_last_only("Set")
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished Adding Utor

Can anyone identify what's going on here?  By the way I started using the SPF program because manually forwarding my port didn't work, although I've been able to do it in the past when using a different modem.

Thanks for your help!

PcWinTech.com Forums

Updating Router, receiving error messages
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Sure lets get you fixed. A
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Sure lets get you fixed.
A lot of times when a script doesn't work it is usually a quick fix as it is a misspelling on my part in the script.

First thing to do is make sure the page is loading. When you run SPF do you get a blank page when updating the router or can you see the router page?

also what version of the router are you using? my app supports v1 and v9 if you have a different version just use my router screen capture program to view EVERY page in the router. And then upload those files to me. Each version of that router is a little different so getting it added will only take me a few min.

Let me know!
-Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

atuttle

Hey Shane, Well I tried using
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:03:10 PM »
Hey Shane,

Well I tried using the screen capture program but the site doesn't seem to like your capture program.  The program continually takes snapshots of the same screen, bogging it down and making it hard to navigate, and when I can navigate to another page, those pages often won't load.

If I navigate away from the router site, however, to something like Yahoo it doesn't have any problem capturing shots of those.

I can usually see the router page when I'm running SPF, and if I don't it'll show up when I hit refresh.

The router version is 6002.  Sorry I couldnt get better screenshots, if you know of some way to make these work I'll try it again.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
I remember those pages! I had
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
I remember those pages! I had captured the v9 here at home and the page on that router auto refreshes every 1 or 2 sec. And since my screen capture program captures after each page load no wonder it is going nuts.

How about I make a update to the router screen capture program, I will add a check box that says "Do not auto capture screen" or something like that. Then you can just use the take manual screen shot button for each page.

Sound good to you?
-Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

atuttle

Great!! Glad to see that
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
Great!!

Glad to see that someone out there is putting in the time to help people figure this stuff out. I thought I had a decent grasp of how to do this on my own but since I started using this DSL connection I can't make it work anymore.  I'm definitely beginning to suspect it's something to do with the Westell modem I'm using.

Also, before I was using a cable modem and it worked fine.  With the DSL modem running, I can't access the menu for the Belkin router page directly, it runs everything through the DSL modem, as you can see in the screenshots.  Maybe if I can access the Belkin config page I can get it to work?

Andy

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
whats happening is you are
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
whats happening is you are behind 2 routers now. before you only had the belkin and a cable modem. the modem wasn't a router.Now your connections have to go through the westell and then the belkin. You doubled! but dont worry there is a way to get you working.

First off your interent should be going to the dsl. the belkin should then be plugged into the dsl and you should be hooked to the belkin. Like a chain.

make sure the network cable going to the belkin is plugged into the wan/internet port. The chain works by the internet comes in to the dsl, from the dsl to the belkin, from the belkin to your computer.

Once we are setup right port forwarding will be simple. I have a page on it.
http://www.pcwintech.com/node/292

basically you enable dmz on the dsl router and put the belkin wan ip address in there. All in coming connection will be sent to the belkin!

Also keep in mind you may not need the belkin. If your dsl modem/router has everything you need then you have no use for a 2nd router. the only time you would need a 2nd is if your dsl router is missing something you need, like wireless.

While you double check these things I will get started on a update for the screen capture program. Should have something in less than an hour.

-Shane

(About Shane)

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
ok I made the update to the
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
ok I made the update to the router screen capture program. v1.0.3 is now up. Update and you will see a new check box allowing you to disable the auto capturing of the pages. This mean you will need to manually capture each page. But since that is just clicking one button shouldn't be to bad for yah :-)

-Shane

(About Shane)

atuttle

screenshots sent
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
Sorry for the delay, you should now have the screenshots for the belkin f5d7230-4 v. 6002.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
Ok I got it added. Update the
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:43:52 PM »
Ok I got it added. Update the database under the tools menu and you should see the v6 model in the list.

Try it out and let me know how it goes.

Shane

(About Shane)

atuttle

Well, still can't forward a
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
Well, still can't forward a port.

Your program works fine, and enters the information in my router menu just fine.  Actually it did the same thing I originally tried doing, but it's the same result: even though the router menu shows the correct port and it is enabled, the port is not actually open. I even tried changing the port range from 1-60000, not open. On a lark I tried testing ports 21 and 80 to see if they're open, since I know they're normally reserved, and they're not open, either.  It's a wonder I'm even connected to the internet!

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
well lets make sure we have
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »
well lets make sure we have everything else covered. Since we have port forwarding setup but not working we have a few things to look at.
First make sure your not double routed, in other words some people have a DSL modem connected to a router, but they don't realize the DSL modem is also a router. If so we can take care of that easy enough.

2nd of course is to make sure no firewalls are blocking us including the built in security in the router itself.

Let me know about those 2 and we can go from there.

Shane

(About Shane)

PcWinTech.com Forums

well lets make sure we have
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »

email