Author Topic: Actiontec MI424-WR to Swann DVR8-2500 Remote viewing problems  (Read 5406 times)

Offline tegboi

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Hello! I found a couple of other threads that were similar, but using a different modem/router, and did not want to intrude and cause a mix of information.

I've configured our Swann DVR8 camera system to work with our Verizon Actiontec MI424-WR in the past, had it working on local network computers, apple products when on the home network, and on apple products when off the network aswell. Something happened, either someone managed a hard reset to the modem, or some settings may have been changed to the DVR unit, but viewing the camera system when off of the home network was not working anymore.

I've jumped back into the gunner seat of trying to figure it out again, but here's what I have.

DVR:
Static IP address 192.168.1.122
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns 202.096.128.068
media port 2020
http port 8080
DDNS is turned off

Under mobile settings, has username, password, and port 18004

When in the Port Forwarding menu of our router, having the port in TCP and UDP for 2020 and 8080, being set as:

TCP any ->2020
UDP any ->2020
TCP any ->8080
UDP any ->8080

canyouseeme.org shows ports 2020 and 8080 being open ports

Changing the Source Ports to the same as the Destination Ports still shows canyouseeme.org to still see open ports. I tried back and forth changing this portion because in several different youtube videos off "how to" some say to keep the source at 'any', and other say to enter in the same value for source and destination.

my PC running windows 7, via ipconfig:
IPv4 Address - 192.168.1.6
subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
default gateway - 192.168.1.1

I am still able to view the camera system from a LAN computer by typing it's IP address in with media port from my desktop, and can view it from my iPad, but once off of the home network, it is not able to connect.

What am I doing wrong here? I had it set before (2 or 3 years ago) and I cant seem to get the correct mixture of settings to have it working again.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
Re: Actiontec MI424-WR to Swann DVR8-2500 Remote viewing problems
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:26:26 AM »
#1 Go to http://www.pcwintech.com/myip

#2 On that web page is the non bogan IP Address that users from the network of networks that spans the globe (aka: Internet) use to connect to you.

#3 Perhaps your non bogan IP Address changed and you are still typing in your old non bogan IP Address?

Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
Also in the actiontec you have to go tot he firewall page and turn it off, otherwise it still blocks even port forwarding rules :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »
I am not sure if that is true. If it is not true like I suspect it is not, then set to the lowest possible setting and not custom.

Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
If it is the one with the Verizon firmware they all have the firewall page that I know of, it is just part of their firmwares.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

email