Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Xbox360 and pdanet issue  (Read 17140 times)

Offline salmmus

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Xbox360 and pdanet issue
« on: June 27, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
Software/hardware involved: Windows 7 HE 64-bit, Xbox 360 original(not slim), 64-bit Asus computer, mobile HTC Evo 4g, pdanet software

Upon following the instructions of http://youtu.be/AsJ-BqEsLEQ to add ports for xbox, configure the local area network ip and subnet, allow internet sharing, etc., i just cannot get Windows 7 Home Edition 64 and the Xbox 360 to work. I am trying to get internet and xbox live on my console by using internet sharing on my Desktop pc with pdanet. Internet works fine on my pc, but just cannot get internet to the xbox. PC finds the xbox and xbox connects to network, but no internet. My mobile is HTC Evo 4g with Android 4.0.3 and the latest pdanet version 4.12.6. I installed the lated pdanet on computer because i thought that was the issue. Many do not have any trouble, so i just don't understand.

Basically, Xbox says its a dns issue, but i followed the video perfectly, even though it was on a 2. Android and a 2. version of pdanet. The pdanet uses a Google dns of 8.8.8.8

PcWinTech.com Forums

Xbox360 and pdanet issue
« on: June 27, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Xbox360 and pdanet issue
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »
I have never done it that way, but normally this is how you would get internet working through Windows.

First make sure Windows is able to get on the net through the phone. Once it does you can go to the network adapter settings and just use internet connection sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/using-ics-internet-connection-sharing

Then you just use a network cable, plug it into your network card in your system and the other end to the xbox. Windows at that point will act like a router and allow the xbox to pull the internet from it.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline salmmus

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:54:18 AM »
Thanks Shane. I have tried that without any luck. I also tried the bridge method and had no luck. I know the bridge works for other connections. However, I did try to share a connection with a remote router of mine (router to router for internet setup in my home) and only bridging worked. Troubleshooting couldn't identify any problems. I recently had to reinstall my OS and noticed that after the SP1 update, things with networking and internet were a little troublesome, but still got it working. The mobo was pre-built with the Ethernet networking port and was indeed for Win7. Nevertheless, I don't know why pdanet is such an issue when others have no trouble. I also tried turning off the OS firewall. There must be a setting I am missing. Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »
Sorry I cant be more help, but I havent set it up before like your trying to do. :smiley:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »

email