Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: More details for application ports  (Read 9930 times)

Offline trpted

• PcWinTech Guru
More details for application ports
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
If ref to http://www.pcwintech.com/application-ports

How about providing more details about the applications

#1 For example for the Apache web server.

a) While by default not-SSL (HTTP) port 80 is listening, SSL (HTTPS) 433 is not enabled. One must enable SSL to make 443 listen.

b) And those ports can be changed. One does not have to have the web server listen on port 80 (can use port 8080 - for example.)

#2 Some of the ports open on demand. For example of what I mean by that.

a) I forwarded for NetMeeting 2.0 through 3.01

b) After I started Netmeeting and told it that I am hosting, the only TCP ports that showed up as open (listening) where 1503 and 1720 according Currports and a web based TCP port checker.

c) When I gave my public IP or my domain name (DDNS - Dynamic Domain Name Service) users from the outside could connect to me.

d) And then the other ports open on demand depending on what what was going on. Text chat, File Transfer, Remote View/Control of computer....

If you can, put the info on to that one page.

If you can not do that: Then make a page for each of the apps, as need be, where you provide more details on what port is used for what with a given app.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:04:39 PM by trpted »
Private messages (PM) are not for support questions or for hints to not yet answered topics. The PMs are basically for confident conversation between the users, off the forum.

PcWinTech.com Forums

More details for application ports
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »