Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: STC Huawei Echolife HG532B and HP Photosmart 6510 Issue  (Read 6079 times)

Offline MajorAly

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
STC Huawei Echolife HG532B and HP Photosmart 6510 Issue
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
Hello,

After finally giving up on google and my own experiments I turn here.

I have a HP PhotoSmart 6510 all-in-one printer which has built-in wifi for wireless printing.

Now I want to make a connection with this printer using my PC, my PC is connected to a wireless router using ethernet and the printer is connected to that wireless router using wifi.

Printer and the PC are both connected to the same network successfully. The PC is running Windows 8 Pro with WMC.

Now here's the problem, previously the printer worked with the PC just fine, until recently when it started to give problems.

No settings on the wireless router or PC or printer were changed.

I uninstalled the drivers and installed back, now the printer cannot be found on the network despite being successfully connected to the wireless router.

The wireless router is of Huawei Echolife HG532b, from the ISP STC in Saudi Arabia.

Now despite my tireless efforts of disabling firewalls and everything, the printer just cannot be found on the network and it has become annoying of late.

Here if this screenshot helps:
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49

Any solution you guys?

http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-hua

Here's my router

PcWinTech.com Forums

STC Huawei Echolife HG532B and HP Photosmart 6510 Issue
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: STC Huawei Echolife HG532B and HP Photosmart 6510 Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
The links you posted dont work, so couldn't look at those.

The problem isnt a firewall. What you need to do first is make sure the printer is even connecting to the wireless.

The best thing to do as well is make sure the printer has a static local IP so its IP doesn't change otherwise you cant print anymore, which is what I think has happened.

So hook the printer up to your system with a usb cable first. Install the software for the printer and with it you can check the wireless settings and also set a static IP :wink:

Also in the router there should be a page to show currently connected devices, you can see if your print is even connecting to the wireless.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: STC Huawei Echolife HG532B and HP Photosmart 6510 Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »

email