Author Topic: Camera signal fading in/out  (Read 12588 times)

Offline homeownerspy

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Camera signal fading in/out
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
My Internet access is done by a local wireless network via a AXESSTEL 400 MODEM. We run our LAN through it also.
We purchased a LOREX LH330 Edge 2 security system with 4 outside cameras in December. Installed 4 cameras and the DVR. All went well except for "port forwarding" and viewing on the net. Got that fixed. Works fine. Ordered and installed 4 indoor cameras (LW2110 series) and now the connectivity is spotty. The signals to several cameras fades in and out creating black spots in my recordings. In addition, we have internet accessibility on our TV and BluRay devices, which worked fine before installing the indoor cameras. For instance, NetFlix will not play on the BluRay on the TV even though it did previously (before indoor cameras). It loses connection.
Question 1: Does adding additional cameras to the security system's DVR reduce the input signal for the whole system?
Question 2: Is there a chance the indoor wireless cameras are setting up interference to our WIFI?
We even placed the wireless modem in a more central location on our property. No camera or device is more than 80 feet away from the modem.
Do you have any suggestions for our predicament?

PcWinTech.com Forums

Camera signal fading in/out
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Camera signal fading in/out
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »
Could be a number of things.

It is possible the wireless cameras are on the same channel as the wireless, which will get in the way. You can simply change what channel your wireless uses in the router, so you can test with that.

Also it does matter how much upload speed you have. As when your viewing the cameras remotely it has to send the data to you, and that's a lot of feeds, so it will use more upload bandwidth.

So if you have the black spots while viewing remotely only then it is internet speed. If you have blacks spots being recorded to the device then it could be the cameras or the wireless interfering with each other. :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline homeownerspy

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »
Thanks, Shane. It does not seem to be Internet speed as the Internet view is the same as the screen on the DVR. I will check out the wireless channels. I think I have 10 to choose from. Appreciate the quick response.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
No problem. Let me know how it goes :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »