Author Topic: I nearly Tried CleanMem  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Auswelder

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
I nearly Tried CleanMem
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »
Gday
I was looking at ClearMem on major geeks and  it was given a good wrap. But I thought I will look at the home page. Im glad I did there is no mention that it was made by shane the one that made Windows Repair. Old mate from major geek realy pitched it like it was the best thing since sliced bread.  I had IE just stalling and  wouldnt stop but may as well have. I went to download version 1.9.3 from major geek but could only get version 1.8 cause 1.9.3 has no digital signature. Not that I really know what that means Im a metal fabricator but W7 warned me to not run it and my AV  jumped on it and chewed it up and through it out. So im guessing the no signature is bad  so i end up after wasting an hr or so using vers 1.8 . Well I only wanted it to repair IE that's the only box i checked. Well a day and a half later after having to do a fresh install the restore point and reg backup couldn't roll it  to how it was prior to running windows repair. And before  i hear you must have had malware or something else wrong. I used 3 diff scanners prior and submitted a hijackthis log to very reputable forum. No problems could be found after running windows repair not only did IE not get fixed but but just about everything else  wouldn't work properly except the on/off button. I tried rolling it back restoring registry went back to previous restore points but no better. I submitted another hijackthis log  and my registry was all clogged up like chewing gum in a girl guides pony tail with tweeking.com threads  everywhere. It was a bloody nightmare like i would think people  would just be fair dinkum. I dont know  about computers and thought ok  they would do the right thing if it works for me I am willing to throw $50 in the bucket  for the hand not hav the drama i had. Thats like me giving stainless electrodes to weld bissaloy looks nice  then when u look over it at the end of a days welding  the whole lot has short cracked and nothing is fused together u gotta grind it all out and try again. I wouldnt do that to my worst enemy . I dont know but Id like to think this wasnt a planned desired outcome of running windows repair. I u want to ask or discuss it shane by all means im happy to but i must say im so glad ur online and not at the shop down the road from me here in Aust .
OK Cheers  thats my two bobs worth and will not use another tweek/tune or repair utility ever. I will stick with my full paid vers of AV  and stick with whatever bill gates's boys develope. Back yard dodgy bros ill avoid like the plague.

PcWinTech.com Forums

I nearly Tried CleanMem
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »

Offline shagger1

• PcWinTech Full Member
    • Robert Calvert
Re: I nearly Tried CleanMem
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
auswelder
I have been using cleanmem for almost a year now with
no problems whatsoever-it just plain works!

As far as the tweaking program I did not like that one
but you are safe with cleanmem mate I assure you!

Rod

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »
Not sure why you posted here about cleanmem when all you mention was my repair tool lol.

My repair tool has been ran on almost 1 million machines and is used in a ton of repair shops, I am very happy about that. The IE repair you ran does nothing but register IE's files. It wouldn't have done anything to screw up the system. Not to mention if you did a registry backup before hand you could have put the registry back to what it was before the repair. No files are removed or touched with that repair, only the registry from registering those files.

It may have not been any infection that got in the way. Not every scanner finds everything. At the same time if there was a bad sector on the drive that would cause a bloody mess, that's why I have the program ask you to scan the drive first.

As for downloading the program with IE they want programmers to pay for a security cert. Also out of the millions of programs out there if your not on their well known list they auto block it. You can simply click more info when IE pops that up and say download anyways.

If you have trouble with my tweaking.com tools then make sure to post in my tweaking.com forums. I help any one who asks :-)

My program wouldn't be getting as popular as it is if it broke peoples machines. Word of mouth is the best way.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »

email