Author Topic: rec. issues  (Read 4354 times)

Offline jmdaniels2

• PcWinTech Member
rec. issues
« on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
ok, so i ended up contacting board directors at lorex, by finding out what other companies they work for and contacting them at their other jobs, lol, either way, i ended up getting a brand new unit, in my hands with a return label ready to ship back the old one, after almost a month of my system being down....lorex is the worst with their tech support, worse than walmart..  either way, now that i have everything set up properly, and can view remotely or from the device, i cannot view any recording, its as though the settings are wrong,(motion detection isnt on) but i cant find anything that would pertain to them not working outside of that, i think i have the record settings set as follows:

channel (any channel)

record : enable
pack duration: 15 min.
record mode: continuous
Audio: enable
Frame Rate: fixed
qual.: best
Res. : cif

Thanks in advance for any help!
James

PcWinTech.com Forums

rec. issues
« on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: rec. issues
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »
ok, so i ended up contacting board directors at lorex, by finding out what other companies they work for and contacting them at their other jobs, lol, either way, i ended up getting a brand new unit

LOL Very nice.

When you try to view the recording are you doing it remotely? Can you view them locally?

The goal here is to see if the recording is working at all. So if you can view them directly on the DVR then we know recording works.  :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: rec. issues
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »