Author Topic: Call of Duty: World at War Port Forwarding  (Read 36157 times)

longmoua

Call of Duty: World at War Port Forwarding
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:50 AM »
Hi Everybody!

Problem: I was not able to host any co-op games due to the fact that I was using a router. In which I understood, it was pretty simple and clear.

Solution: Enable Port Forwarding on my Router

The Port Numbers for COD: WaW:

Activision gave these numbers on their forum:
3478, 3479, 3074, 3075 for UDP
80, 443, 3074, 5223 for TCP
(**Please Note: I Don't know if this makes any difference or not but these numbers were found in the PS3 forum category)

This website gave:
20800-20810, 28960-28970 for UDP

Misc. Sites: (GAMESPOT FORUM)
3074-28960 for UDP
3074-3074 for TCP

The only ones that I've tried so far are the ones from gamespot. After manually changing my IP Address to a static IP Address, I was finally able to host games. Players saw my game in the lobby AND they were even able to join. Problem is, when I hit "start game", only I was able to go through into the game and everybody else was kicked out in which eventually led to me getting kicked out because I was the only player in a cooperative game.

There was ONE game where 3 people joined and a single player was able to get into the game while the other 2 were kicked out. Kind of a mystery to me.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the router setup that I have?

Please give me a list of all the possible problems.

Any information would be deeply appreciated. Thank You!

PcWinTech.com Forums

Call of Duty: World at War Port Forwarding
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:50 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Call of duty
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
I will be getting call of duty here in a few days and will be able to test it out better. The ports I put on the site where the numbers I found from findports.com

I simply google and try to find the right ports. most games don't require such a large amount of ports to be open like from the gamesport forum, 3074-28960 for UDP that's 25,000 ports open!

the best way to find out whats happening is to do a few tests. The first test is to remove the router and connect directly to the internet and see if you still have the problem. If you do then a firewall (such as the built in windows one) or something else is causing the problem. But if it works fine then the problem is with the router. Either not the right ports forwarded or the router not working right. At which point we can try dmz with the router as the 2nd test.

Let me know how it goes and I will keep helping the best I can :-)
-Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Call of duty
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »