Author Topic: netgear help/ cant connect  (Read 4391 times)

Offline learningtechstuff

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
netgear help/ cant connect
« on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
I have a Netgear WDR2000. The network i set up has worked great for over 2 years now. I have 2 laptops on the wireless, aswell as 1 wii to run netflix. all three work great! The problem i have had is that devices like 2 android phones and a tablet will all make attempt to connect to net work, but will fail. The all would have correct password, and always have great signal stregnth. They would all attempt to retrieve IP address for about 2 minute. Then would say it could not connect or could not get IP address. I do have the correct network password. and i have tried to log into the router to see if ther was a setting that could be blocking it. I have tried to use the default passwords, but i could not log in. i have also a wirerless printer that i could not get connected to network either.  Hate to reset, is that my only option? or am i missing other options? Thanks for any thoughts.

PcWinTech.com Forums

netgear help/ cant connect
« on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: netgear help/ cant connect
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »
If you cant even log into the router then you will need to reset it so you can get back in there :wink:

Also with my netgear at home, before I put DD-WRT on it I had to reboot the netgear every week or so to get wireless working again. I think it is something int here firmware.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: netgear help/ cant connect
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »

email